How do Hypertrucks work?

What I gathered from this thread is that the magic is in the split angles built into the Lacroix decks, and the use of bushings instead of springs.

Oh yeah, and nobody likes Frank.

6 Likes

Sounds like a ‘no’, which sounds a lot like ‘new trucks’.

1 Like

Pretty sure no sounds like no 🤷 you know?

2 Likes

So, to correct my original post, i did ride a Lonestar and a Lonestar SS, but i think what made them feel distinctly different was the way they were set up by the rider. The lonestar was set up for a 120lb dude who likes to ride super loose, The SS was owned by a 250 lb dude, not sure what changes he made as far as set up. As far as the thread goes, it would be awesome if the mods moved all the off topic arguing elsewhere. It would be awesome if someone posted pix showing whats different between Hypertrucks, Kaly Trucks, and Flux trucks.

2 Likes

Lacroix understand that good bushings are a key part of good trucks. These are the main difference between hypertrucks and the mbs matrix.

But at this point my recommendation is to start another thread with the serious tag and leave this place to burn.

3 Likes

This plays a very big role in universally pleasing customers. If you take into account the fact your weight vs another’s weight won’t cause the same style of ride on the same duro this explains why we offer 6 different duro hardness from riptide. That alone creates a very big world of possibilities.

1 Like

I was new to Hypertrucks and channels trucks in general. After an initial learning curve, they’ve become my favorite to ride amongst all my boards. I feel like channels require more of a body lean than RKP or TKP but easy to master quickly if you’ve skated for any period. Early stuff I was reading was questioning their stability at high speed. Saw a video of a guy getting wobbles with them. But I’ll say that I haven’t seen any of that like I was expecting. I quickly went to soft/medium bushings on the setup and re-geared it for higher speed.

It’s pretty nice to have confidence to carve comfortably at 30+ on these. I need to try some Matrix 2’s to compare. There’s a few mods out there to use Hypertruck bushings with other channels.

I’ll also add that I did change out the plastic kingpin bushings and used a good amount white lithium grease to get them quiet at first.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I love the look of them, and @SeanHacker Lovechild or @DerelictRobot lovedick I think had it too, two of my favorite builds

There’s something special about a kaly deck with hypertrucks

It’s a shame they’re literally so pricey compared to 200 for matrix 2’s

2 Likes

To the hypertrucks defense you get a lot for the price.

I think it’s slightly cheaper then to piece up a apex air setup or a fb320/finality setup

7 Likes

Yeah that is the one redeeming factor, and the quality, obviously

3 Likes

They do come with a full belt drive, set of MBS with pulleys and all the hardware.

7 Likes

Yeah I know, it’s just a lot at face value, often times when you buy a drivetrain you can space out the purchase

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dissing Trampa and Deck Swaps

Hah, from Lacroix’s own website:

The Self Correcting Speed Wobble Tech™ is achieved by a bunch of factors - weight distribution on the Hypertrucks™, asymetry of the deck, bushings, width of truck, length of deck, etc. It works on the Nazare™ and Nazare Lonestar™ that have very specific components.

Disclaimer section also has some interesting info regarding speed wobbles.

Obviously, having a Hypertruck™ that is designed to reduce and help correct speedwobbles does not mean it’s impossible to get any. If you have never experienced speedwobbles and don’t know how to handle them, this should not be the first truck on which to get them. Don’t attempt to go fast on these trucks thinking they’ll never happen or that the Hypertruck™ will save you. You’ll get hurt. Only racecars drivers will see the difference between a perfect dampers and shock setting and a terrible one. You need to be able to drive a racecar before knowing the difference. Same here.

But for those who have experienced speed wobbles before and know how to handle them, they’ll be pleasantly surprised. The Hypertrucks™ signficantly reduces that “oh shit” moment to something mellow and much more manageable.

3 Likes

Adding those all up it actually is a very decent deal for the money. Shame that the motor mounting pattern is 30mm :confused:

4 Likes

@bboybowzer won’t stop bloody teasing me with those…
You can hit up @Tony_Stark for some sweet adaptor so you can use those bushing on other trucks outside of hyper trucks!.. speaking of which… hey tony! you got my stuff yet???

Nothing stops you from making your an adaptor plate or straight up drilling your own pattern :wink:

1 Like

Will there be an option to buy the Hypertrucks alone? I already have wheels and pulleys so it would be nice to save a bit on just buying the trucks themselves

I couldn’t tell you.