How do Hypertrucks work?

Sendcutsend is a pretty cheap source for this in the US:

tapping adds a few bucks

3 Likes

I messaged Lacroix a long time ago to ask. They said that they currently did not, but may in the future.

I think @DEEIF has so still made.

Well there ya go. Now I’m just waiting to see your names show up in my system :crazy_face:

Except for you @Static I see you already have the trucks and I just sent you your stormy

:joy: I want some hyper trucks….but I think I’d rather get a deck first.

1 Like

I think a lot of what you’re describing comes from the size and scale of everything on the board, not so much from the truck performance alone.

yeah, the disclaimer is basically saying if you ride above your skill level, you’re still gonna crash. No technology is completely idiot proof. The disclaimer isn’t saying that the product doesn’t work.

3 Likes

Saying your channel trucks have speed wobble correcting technology and adding a disclaimer saying they actually don’t help with wobbles if you don’t know how to ride is straight up bullshit.

4 Likes

What they’re saying is that even though they have speed wobble reducing tech you’re still going to fall off if you’re a dumbass or drunk or a drunk dumbass or don’t belong on a board for some other reason like total lack of skill.

7 Likes

Really??? Because I don’t see any different technology than the other channel trucks using urethane bushings. Am I missing something else?

You Either have wobbly and turny or stable and ride straighty.

2 Likes

Totally agree with that part, nobody has black magic tech that allows you to ride at 70km/h nonchalantly.

1 Like

its not the tech in the individual components, its the combination of everything.

4 Likes

There is a tiny imp living inside the baseplate that uses a bunch of ropes and pulleys to control the trucks, it can tell where your feet are by smell.

6 Likes

I feel like a hater, dammit, thanks…

1 Like

my work is done here. :rofl:

1 Like

i wouldnt be too sure of that. last groupride, a guy managed to keep up with me during our last 20km while i was going around 65kmh. yet, the same guy was carving like a madman all day

3 Likes

I meant that there is no secret, the bushings can only do so much. The geometry give or take a few degrees is the same.

If you keep riding on soft bushings which feels sketchy you would increase your skills. No doubt that guy has great skills and has mastered his set up. I knew broke ass dude with shit old gear and busted bushings who could outride anyone around. They had lots of metal holding their bones together tho.

2 Likes

that would make him a very quick learner :joy: i had finished building his board 4 days prior

2 Likes

Then there are the crazies :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I pretty much strictly ride shortboards with very loose rkp with soft bushings, cuz i like the level of control it gives me. But with that kind of setup, there is no letting go of the steering wheel, per se. Hard bushings limit you. Ive never ridden channels, and dont really intend to, but i think that translates to them as well. And i think thats relevant to the rider skill thing. A stronger rider can ride a more versatile setup without worry. Imo harder bushings/tighter setups are safe, but not fun, and nowhere near as capable.

1 Like