How do Hypertrucks work?

This + quality bushings + a low pivot profile = tasty hypertrucks.

If you like the feel of matrix ii, hypertrucks are a larger, better built, precision upgrade.

On the bushings topic: I have the feeling were going to see night/day difference in ride feel between the Apex Air and their jealous cousin the TrampA IR.

Why? Because Apex invested time/money in solid bushings while Trampa outsourced it as if bushings don’t make a huge difference. Apex also actually tested their shit, where Trampa just copied homework and YOLO’d it. Also probably why LaCroix created a better truck on their first try than Trampa ever produced in 20 years.

TLDR; bushings matter a lot & @Trampa is sweaty.

9 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dissing Trampa and Deck Swaps

118 posts were split to a new topic: Dissing Trampa and Deck Swaps

Um… what?

Channel trucks are the same as rkp with a second pivot cup and split board side bushings (no road side) with hella rake

In theory but not in practice. You’d be surprised how much a perpendicular axis makes a difference in how it constrains geometry. Channels aren’t shifting at all laterally, they’re snappier in response as a result. The opposite of this is the Airs, which have a good amount of lateral shift available; imo ideal for off-road.

Depends on the design.

3 Likes

Ok, i think i may be mixed up here… All Lacrox trucks are Hypertrucks? Do All hypertrucks dampen wobbles, even older models?

Lacroix used to use Matrix II on the Prototypo, now they use Hypertrucks

1 Like

I didn’t even know that Lacroix had split angle decks. Is it something like 35’ front and 25’ rear?

Are there angled shims for decks like the Flux that have a symmetrical nose/tail?

1 Like

You can get angled risers for almost any truck, but if you go above 10 degrees it will leave the screws at a very odd angle and is less structurally sound

You can ride both of them in combination with Riptide, Venom, Blood Orange, and all other bushing brands out there. There are so many brands and possible combinations…
Our team members used Venoms in the initial test phase. Jens from E-Toxx (the first who made such NoSno style PKP trucks) used FIBRO industrial bushings.
grafik
He also made 2 and 3 Kingpin designs.

http://venomskate.com/bushings/

The plug barrels give a nice feeling!

https://www.surfingdirt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6032

5 Likes

Lateral shift works against steering. In consequence you lean more and get less turn. The feeling is less responsive. There is no one solution that is perfect in all ways. The channels are more responsive and more stable at speed, even if they are set to allow a tight turning radius. The twin kingpin design is more simple, has less mechanics involved and works for most riders in our team. However, it is not the golden solution…

So no problems here, someone used a known principle and design and everyone is happy about that.

1 Like

Yeah, forgot about this point :+1:

@ to the people saying “stable at 30mph” –

47mph on hypertrucks:

6 Likes

I had asked you earlier to help with my confusion on Hypertrucks. I assume you work for LaCroix? Is the name “Hypertruck” just the name you call all of your trucks? Do all Hypertrucks and all of your boards have the dampening feature? If not, when was that technology introduced?

To introduce a new winning product that’s better suited to the new Prototipo/Jaws replacement. Ok, it’s probably just a new hanger, rather than a new ‘truck’ per-ce, right?

You tell me

1 Like

Correct

We literally have only 2 models of hypertruck™ and the only change between the 2 is height of the baseplate

Refer to previous answer

A long time ago. I don’t believe Lacroix invented dampening. We simply optimised our design to utilise good potential from it

3 Likes

This so much, there isn’t a single thing that make them great, is the combination of all little things enabled us to make them as awesome as possible, in combination with the rest of the board design also

3 Likes

Good. Just leave that knowledge to our engineers and designers and continue feeling like riding on magic

3 Likes