How broken are you?

Broken ankle, dislocated collar bone, slipping ribs, multiple concussions, sprained everything.

@Hankhill Out of personal curiosity, the concussions with or without quality helmets?

I never was one for exercise when I was young but I bought a Onewheel XR in 2019.
That changed my life and got me into skating in general which I love these days but I’m touching 40 and I’m very old and creaky.

So far I broke a pinkie, a toe, lost lots of skin and blood (blood for the blood god) and this one time I nosedived pretty bad, bruised a heel and tested the shoulder pad in my motorcycle jacket to exhaustion.
I couldn’t walk properly or raise my arm for weeks.

This other time I though I didn’t need knee pads and fell on the spot on the inside of the right knee where a calf muscle attaches to, I was in terrible pain for weeks, sleeping was a nightmare, too.

Other than that I have an office job with lots of sitting and I’m stiff all the time, stretching makes it better but barely.
I’m in pain or serious discomfort a lot of the time.
Skating helps but it’s cold and there’s that white crap outside atm.

1 Like

The damage I have incurred as…

A Pedestrian: 6 broken ribs, compound fracture left humerus at elbow, bruised kidney (permanent trace amounts of blood in urine), lots of muscle damage to back (it tweaks itself randomly since).

An Analog/Push Skater: small amount of road rash, shattered right wrist (every bone that “touches” the wrist, broken).

An Esk8er: little dirt on my butt from a 0mph fall.

Guess I’ll stick with esk8

1 Like

Has anyone mentioned that esk8 has left them financially crippled?

6 Likes

I got a fucked up wrist. Seems I fractured it but never had it seen, so it just hurts when I put weight on it since it wasn’t in a brace for healing.

2 Likes

Isn’t that pretty much a given?

oh something im good at,finnaly
pins in both pinkeys and screws in the attached hand bones / I crashed my race bike in oil at 125 mph

2 plates and 9 screws in my left wrist(i had an external fixator for 9 months / i was hit from behind at a stop light on my motorcycle(i screamedlike a little BITCH)

broken left collar bone,its flexable in the middle now/ snow board half pipe

broke the head of my left shoulder/ motorcycle commuting, I was hit at 4:15 am on my way to work,never rode again,i got in to ESK8 (so much safer?)

12 concussions,esk 8x2/ sparing Muay Thai x5(i like to eat head kicks,MMM),Motorcycle racing x3,snowboarding X2
broken all my fingers at least 1 time Esk8,sparing,motorcycle,work,fighting and winning,fighting and LOOOOSING!!

broken right thumb 3 times,now i have 30% function (trigger remotesHOORAY!!)esk8x1,workx2

left acl/pcl replacement ****terain park snow board,i over shot the jump and landed in the flat

broken nose 3 times, sparing,got my ass kicked, dog jumed up to lick my face

9 broken ribs / 3 sparing(i like to get kneed in the ribs too),4 esk8,2 motorcycle racing
3 herniated disks l3/4,l4/5,s1,with annular fissures ( this always hurts, from level 3 on the best days to 11 on bad days) work jackhammer,being the kind of supervison who works(duh,you are doing it wrong)

my first 2 wives broke my heart/ love stinks x 2(yeahyeah)

im forgeting something, i have pictures but the external fixator is gross, i can show vid of the collar bone flexing where it should not, please dont ask, the mods dont like me posting pics or anything too much because im a dumb ass.

OH, AT LEAST 300 STITCHES IN VARIOUS PLACES

i have recycling value,dont ask for pics,my whole body is a horrorshow,my collar bone is flexable at the sharp bend

1 Like

oh can i be a pansy and mention a few bruises ? LOTS OF SMALL BRUISES A REAL MAN WOULDNT MENTION

1 Like

Use that office job insurance and get some physical therapy scheduled. They can teach you ways to help fix some of the pain or all of it if you’re lucky. they aren’t miracle workers Plus there is a focus on long term comfort so you can keep feeling better.

The knee injury alone is something that could benefit from it even if it wasn’t recent.

You can also get them to teach you stretches that will work for you after an injury from falling. I used to have issues with my shoulders after falls for far longer but after having a shoulder stretched out by a professional after a fall, I now know how to do the same thing to help with stiffness. It does cause pain to stretch them out properly after a fall, so it is hard to know if you are supposed to do it unless you get shown by a professional.

2 Likes

I have 3 herniated disc in my lower back haha, I forgot something. If you can get insurance to pay for it try lidocaine trans dermal patches. They work well for dull aching pains, there is also a gel that’s an NSAID( like advil)I’ll find the name and edit my post. Pain sucks

1 Like

I know im a couple minutes late but why is the head of your penis so bulbous

1 Like

I think the real question here is why do you think it looks abnormal/bulbous? :thinking: The head shape is the only normal thing in that image :rofl:

1 Like

I accept the girth can be a little unsettling for some.

…My tribal name is Broken Hatchet

obligatory “not me but a friend of mine”

I had a guy in my college skate club that was riding an ownboard zeus on the side of the local highway. There was another guy in a starbucks within view of the highway. Guy is riding an estimated 35 mph but nobody really knows. It looked like he hit something on the ground because he swerved a bit and ended up falling going about 35. He was wearing flatland 3d gloves, a tsg pass pro, lazy rolling jacket, and lazy rolling pants. He fell so bad that the ground tore right through everything but his helmet. He ended up going into a coma. In addition to this, he had a fairly severe brain bleed, broken jaw (through the tsg pass), a broken shoulder, broken elbow, and from what I hear, he was missing about 10% of his skin. He was in the hospital for a few weeks and in the icu for a short period due to the brain bleed.

This was his helmet after the fall.

1 Like

Damn that looks like the aftermath of a proper ragdoll experience

Yeah totally. He (obviously) quit riding after this even though he has no recollection of the fall. I havent kept up with him much but i hear hes doing good and no permanent damage from the spill

Shame he quit, glad he pulled through.

Always gotta get back on that horse!

yeah he might get back into it in a few years but the doctors said that if he kept riding and fell within like 2 years of the crash, then he’d likely die cause his brain would still be healing. I think its safe to say he made the right choice but it would always be nice to have him back in the club again

1 Like

Diclofenac is a medicine that reduces swelling (inflammation) and pain.

It’s used to treat aches and pains, as well as problems with joints, muscles and bones.

I find that trans dermal treatment can target the painful areas more effectively. I have been really mean to my body. Chronic back pain since 05. I’m very very flexible from Muay Thai, ( I’m also broken from it🤨) flexibility really helps, start small. Good luck

2 Likes