How broken are you?

You people need to practice more lol.

No injuries lol

3 Likes

I’ve been pretty fortunate overall. I’ve fallen and rolled a LOT but I’ve only sustained minimal injuries by comparison.

fractured radius
sprained wrists
jammed shoulders and torn rotator cuffs
LOTS of lost skin

my most recent roll in the street was a few months ago and I got skinned up pretty bad but no pulled, twisted, or fractured anything. walked away in good shape dragging my board but I was bleeding enough to scare people. phase leads were too short on a new board I was working things out on, wire unplugged and shorted on the heatsink mid carve and threw me into a roll, but somehow I rolled onto my feet into a standing position. Then all at once the blood started pouring. Some poor bastard saw all of this, saw the look of rage on my face, and got very nervous. I was more than amused by all of this after the fact, but it must have been scary to watch. Walked my board a mile back to the car, three people offered an ambulance. I politely refused.

but if we’re talking total breakage…

I was diagnosed very early this year with PTSD, depression, and ADHD. I’m on more vitamins and pills than any person should be, and I drink fruit and protein for breakfast. I’ve become very high maintenance, have lost a lot of weight and work out more, and spend a lot of time melting my muscles in a hot tub so that the next time I roll I’ll still be good at it.

11 Likes

Blood. Lots of blood.

Perhaps the worst PEV injury was taking an EUC direct to the left testicle tho. My sack was as black as the ace of spades and i couldn’t walk straight for months. That was fucked up.

9 Likes

fixed it for you.

3 Likes

So we talking karma or superstition?

1 Like

this directly contributes to my disliking of eucs

I’m amazed at the extent of some of yalls injuries, a few of you would definitely be champs of esk8 injuries bingo lol
lots of road rash for me, bruised ribs, and a few concussions.

I’ve been skating before I did esk8 but here’s some of my highlights over my 8 years of skating

Broken leg

Slammed my face against the ground (busting my top lip and luckily not losing any teeth)

Bruised tail bone

Scraped my knee almost to the bone (took a long time to heal)

Endlessly bruised shins

No injuries on my esk8 yet, hopefully never

2 Likes

Motor vehicle injury’s;

20+ major scars
Broken right wrist
Countless scapes
Many bruises
Sprained ankles
Minor whiplash

And I’m 12 so still have a lot more years to get injured, lol

1 Like

12? pretty sure this is the first preteen member. @DEEIF is getting olllllllld :joy:

3 Likes

dislocated shoulder that i force back in before the pain rush in, hurt like a bitch, can’t grip shit for 3 days

lots of road rash on my palm, on my right palm there is another area u can tell when i’ve lost skin on, i don’t think thats going away ever

i sure glad i didn’t break any bone in my pre-protection days

Only broken bone I have is something fractured in the base of my thumb. Never went to the doctor for it because I didn’t have insurance, but to this day if I put pressure on my thumb the wrong way it hurts.

Otherwise, lots of bruised elbows and knees and lots of hip road rash, but somehow I’ve avoided major injuries. I’ve had 3 crashes at 25+mph that I managed to roll off. My roommate who had a board for like 2 months crashed and broke his collarbone. He still won’t ride to this day. :sweat:

Almost forgot to mention, my scariest injury was one night when I had a bit too much to drink and had a buddy of mine tow me with his Honda Pilot. I was riding my Backfire G3 with hub motors, and it was pretty awesome until we drove by a construction site and I hit some gravel. Next thing I knew, the board flew out from under me and I flipped to the ground. Slammed the back of my head on the cement and I think I knocked myself out briefly. I remember vividly rolling 4-5 times to a stop, and being unable to move for like 5 seconds. Shit was super scary. Finally got myself up and managed to ride home… the road rash/head gash was a scary image in the mirror, but other than the presumed concussion, I was pretty much fine. This was a week into owning my first esk8 before I even had a helmet… suffice to say I’ve learned a lot since then.

1 Like

Damn… Im an old man now

2 Likes

the of power YET

1 Like

Last year I was coming off a Manhattan curb, eyes up checking for traffic, and missed seeing a tire-swallowing rut just off the curb. Stopped me instantly and tossed me to the ground.

I must have been going 5mph and almost broke the skin on one of my hands…it was terrifying. While the physical trauma healed (my hand was sore for at least a day!) I’m still trying to recover mentally from the horror of that day.

6 Likes

When you get injured that seriously the road to full mental recovery can be long and arduous. I hope you’ll see gradual improvements in the coming years, though I’m sure the trauma will never quite leave you.

3 Likes

I’ve fallen off my board 7 times. I started actually esk8ing in 2021. Here’s a very brief recap of my falls

Falls 1-3 were on my electric pennyboard. All for dumb ass reasons like hitting a pebble riding at 2mph. Minor scrapes from all of them

Fall 4: first day on pneumatics. I took “all terrain” too seriously and slid out on some light gravel.

Fall 5: first serious fall. Hit a bump and board went sideways. I got scraped up bad.

Fall 6: literally 2 days later. I was riding home from @jack.luis place and my phone started ringing. I slowed down to like 5mph and I bumped my throttle while reaching for my phone. Reopened the cuts again.

Fall 7: first day with the Kaly build (Dawn) done. I was riding to meet up with @TY37z at night when I hit an invisible patch of oil and started Tokyo drifting till I suddenly caught traction again and went flying at 15mph. Got scraped up hard.

That was last November. Haven’t had a fall since which I find super impressive.
(Unless you include my floatwheel nosediving on me back in May, but I don’t count that since I had so much gear on the only casualty was my shirt that got stained by the dirt on the ground. Not a single scrape. Plus it’s a piece of shit)

4 Likes

I’m missing a leg as well as have some scarring from road rash on my hips and arms. Had a gnarly concussion too about 6 months into esk8ing. Thats a story in and of itself.

2 Likes

Does it count as a skate injury if you fall ‘with’ a board but not ‘off’ the board?

Fell on a slippery ramp yesterday, carrying a flux…

Historically…

Broken humerous (not funny in the slightest)
Fractured ribs
Lots of skin
Seriously fucked up knee, somehow not broken

4 Likes

I’m part of this club… smashed my knee so many times. Still can’t kneel down on it and the whole thing feels wrong. But they say no breaks…

Its not funny, its humerus…

This vid popped up 1 week into couch sitting with a snapped humerus, was a good laugh