How broken are you?

‎ lol

Why do you have a speed ring in your testicle

2 Likes

That one always hurts the most. I’m like, “bitch don’t worry about my shattered cell phone screen, I’m stress testing a new product. Also, that’s not my blood, I don’t know where that came from, psh”

1 Like

Helps me go faster, at your age not needed

4 Likes

-Broke my left elbow when a nice lady decided to open a taxi door while I was was cycling by at 35ish km/h
-I got a bone splinter into my right elbow while MTB XC racing
-Lots of road rash (Some eSkating related but mainly road cycling)

Drink more milk then :wink:

Stop flexing with your big muscle ! Some are build with spaghetti, not me you know hehe… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Did you know that your girlfriend is invisible?

1 Like

Hit by a careless driver turning into my right of way in July '18. Had surgery in April to repair a torn labrum. Should be cleared to skate again in a couple weeks :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Ok, maybe my eskate days are not over… after hearing about some of these eskate injury’s i feel like I need a glass of man the fuck up!!

3 Likes

Uhh here’s my short list…

1. Broken Wrist/arm
  2. Both pinkies broken
  3. Screwed up ankle for 3 months
  4. One Thumb
  5. Not very bad road rash from skating/eskating
1 Like

From Esk8 and street skating for 7+ years, I have not broken/sprained any part of my body. Though I have been extremely close on numerous occasions.

3 Likes

Broken pinky - clumsy mother, car door
Broken teeth x 2 - cycling no hands, it was the 80s
Thigh scar - Hilti bullet bonfire (teeth era)
Chest scar - arrow. May have been a modified toy.
Patellectomy - kneecap
Thumb broken
Fractured ribs
Torn shoulder tendon
Lazy eye

Could be worse

2 Likes

I once sat down on a urethane eskate (2 years ago)

While sitting down and riding I wanted to check if my batt was getting hot so I put my hand under my board. Batt was good.

Then i wanted to feel if the esc was hot (closer to the hubs)

So I move my hand backward slightly … and BLAAM my fingers get crushed by a 90mm ownboard hub

Edit:

This broke my middle finger and ripped off the nail by the root. It was a long recovery.

4 Likes

I have the following medical conditions:

Pulmonary stenosis with a pulmonary leak (Pulmonary valve in heart is malformed and leaking)
Myoclonic epilepsy
Ehlers Danlos syndrome (connective tissue disorder; connective tissue often will not heal if injured and my limbs sometimes dislocate)
Torsion of my epiditimic appendix (a part of my nut will twist around randomly about once a month (yes, very painful))
Hyperosmia (overly sensitive taste and smell, will often vomit from strong smells)
pili multigemini (about half of my hair folicles will produce 2-3 hairs)
sensory hallucinations (weird things like having the sensation of sinking about an hour after using an elevator)
restless leg syndrome
going through some tests for narcolepsy next thursday

So yeah Im a walking disorder

3 Likes

After this event I got put at home for 30 days from my data-analysis job .

On the first day I got back they asked me to work harder.

That’s the day I quit.

After this I found a job in electronics with my newfound knowledge from building eskates

This is not a bad story in the end. My hand fully healed, can’t even see it anymore.

2 Likes

If you can’t see your hand any more, I don’t think it’s fine

5 Likes

Broken radius - My mom hit me with a modern (at the time) feather duster when I was 8. She loved that duster because it was metal with a plastic coating so it was durable.

Broken right tibia - I slipped in the swimming pool locker room restroom at around 15. Some kids were playing and flinging hand soap and I step in a blob of it, leg went out from under me and flung into the urinal divider wall and broke/made a hole in my right tibia.

Broken left tibia and fibula - November 2020, waiting to make a left turn at the light on my newly acquired ebike, I got rear ended and flew/slid across 6 lanes. Nothing else broken and zero road rash due to DOT helmet, kevlar padded jacket and padded shorts. Should’ve died in spandex that Saturday since that’s when I normally ride my analog road bike dressed like a condom. Decided to switch my Saturday and Sunday vehicles that weekend so I was way more protected.

5 Likes

dislocated shoulder
dislocated shoulder
dislocated shoulder
dislocated shoulder
dislocated shoulder
dislocated shoulder
dislocated shoulder

2 Likes

Same! We’re so lucky

1 Like