Go-FOC DV4s/DV6s/D100s<FREE SHIPPING!>

I understand that the source code is completly irrelevant for most, but applications outside of esk8ing may call for adjustments to the code. Having this option is a big reason to buy a vesc based device. I feel like it is really unfair towards the buyer and benjamin to violate the license. It exists for a reason.

@YUTW123 it would be great if we can resolve this without further escalation.

3 Likes

121 posts were merged into an existing topic: ERPM Limited Braking & Reverse Discussion

@YUTW123 it has disapeared now but on the D100S web page it was written that units shipped after the 1st of october had “phase filters removed to improve stability”.

My unit was shipped on the 26th of september… What kind of instability I have to fear?

Also, I’m confused because I believed that phase filter chipsets can not undergo more than 75V what explained Trampa VESC 75/300 have phase shunts and Trampa VESC 100/250 have battery shunts.

It’s a firmware change. You can disable phase filters before you run motor detection (motor cfg < FOC < Filters)

1 Like

any updates on this? Are there any Chinese vescs that comply with the license ?

1 Like

I’ve found the anwers :

Nope!
It is quite ridiculous that they don’t comply with the license. They make money from an open-source project, but completely violate the license.

2 Likes

Thought I’d give Bluetooth a try with an open mind today. Today I confirmed Bluetooth can go fuck itself

Looks like a skill issue.

*exclusively Bluetooth issue

Seems like you’re using the vesc tool app wrong.

I do it exactly as I would using the computer and cable and I never have this issue

1 Like

yeah thats the issue. Vesc tool mobile is very quirky but it absolutely works reliably when you learn how to use it

2 Likes

Yeah it’s shit house I’ll stick to my panel mount and cable. Keeps scrambling those vesc IDs. Not worth the hassle.

2 Likes

I’ve only ever used the app with Bluetooth to setup my board and I swear it’s the easiest thing to use or keep track of. Are all these issues a firmware version issue on the app or are they occurring solely from bluetooth failure? Don’t think I’ve seen anyone try to fully diagnose the issue yet, so all we see are people with opposite experiences and little info to prove what the issue might be.

What are everyone else’s experiences with using BT on the Go-Focs?

2 Likes

5 Likes

I use BT to tweak settings on the go no major issue that I’ve seen. It does occasionally mess up. Like one time the app still had the settings of another esc in the multi settings window. Since I run 4wd I was switching back and forth a lot. So, when I wrote, I wrote the other ESCs current settings when I was just trying to change wattage.

3 Likes

@YUTW123 are the CAN chips protected on D100s, so that they don’t blow if one esc is powered on before the other in 4wd setups?

None of them are iirc

1 Like

They don’t blow up. It’s only when the xt90’s are initially plugged in there is a risk of current inrush damaging the can line.

Leave the can line unplugged until you’ve connected your 90’s and you’re all good. I’ve been using two power buttons for months.

3 Likes