Herringbone Gears Avio MK2 Gear Drive

152/142 *38mph = 40.67mph. :shushing_face:

11 Likes

Oh wow haggys were smaller than I thought, I was going by timos description, you shoulda bet me

3 Likes

You were wroooooong!!!

1 Like

What else is new

1 Like

It’s ok, i didn’t want you to lose money. hahaha.

4 Likes

How quiet are they? Any video?

1 Like

Soon, soon. :smiley: I’ll be making a full comparison on it on Sunday, when I have time to film.

They’re about as quiet as belt drives at high speeds and softer than belts at low speeds (0 to 20kmh)

5 Likes

@avX I’ve got my MAPP torch ready. Bring it on!

OG gear ratio is 16:60 (3.75:1), right? new is 13:51 (3.92:1)? I might have to find 220kv motors… and if so, maybe no 13s for this one.

The pinions are the more expenive one thoughy, right? It makes more sense in my head to make different sized wheel gears as opposed to different sized motor gears. Are the wheel gears more expensive to manufacture?

2 Likes

The wheel gears fit so nice and snug in the enclosure though, which I guess helps with grease distribution

1 Like

they would be

1 Like

the enclosure pictured would be far too big for big thane (100-110mm) anyway, almost too big for haggys even…

With 110’s you get a bearing worth of clearance. Mine running haggys are getting pretty beat up.

Love the truck/drive combo though.

2 Likes

8 Likes

oh no doubt the kahuas are awesome.

1 Like

They inflate to like 146mm in my experience but yeah I was going slower than I thought :frowning:

2 Likes

Nope, the pinions are relative cheaper compared to the wheel gears.

2 Likes

Yeap, you’re right. But, do all of you really want to go that fast!? Damn. That’s insane!

3 Likes

Faster is gooder.

5 Likes

35+ is where the fun begins

3 Likes