Herringbone Gears Avio MK2 Gear Drive

Already have a set in hand :blush:. Just havenā€™t had the time to swap everything over yet. Enjoy riding the board how it sits too much lol

1 Like

Nice! The herringbone gears will work perfectly with them too! Only 1 bearing is needed! Iā€™ll look into larger pinions for you too, though, i donā€™t know what the demand is for people to go at >40mph on the bergmeisters+kahua trucks combo.

With a 13:51 ratio, 12s, 190kv, on bergs, most can reach speeds of 30mph (50kmh) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

+1 for 40mph+ :rofl:

9 Likes

You guys are insane. :joy:

7 Likes

I have a solution to this problem: just have all your GD cases anodized in red.

2 Likes

I considered this. Hahaha.

1 Like

I got really close on the current setup. 12s with 220kv brought me up to 37/38 on full charge :metal::metal:

I donā€™t need much over 40. Honestly, the vibrations from pneumatics at that speed can be a little unnerving. But I ended up feeling so comfortable topped out that it lead me to believe we can squeeze a little more out of the combo :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Maybe, instead of changing gear ratios, you could look to install 6in tyres onto the bergmeister rims :smiley:

1 Like

The Bergā€™s are 6inch

They are slightly smaller than 6in ><. Smaller compared to the uhmā€¦ traditional 6in tyres.

Itā€™s like a 6mm difference lol itā€™s not gonna give u much more top end. Just give an option for gearing to reach right around 40. Thatā€™s the perfect ratio for haggys

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got some 6x2ā€™s on the way from Mr Tiller. Gonna see how they mount up on the Haggy wheels :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Thatā€™s not gonna change your top end u kiss assšŸ¤£

1 Like

Sounds like you better start kissing some ass. Iā€™ve got your battery hostage over here :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Fuck, those six shooters will def give you like 5mph

5 Likes

Considering heā€™s looking to bump 38 to 40mphā€¦ :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I bet you 10 bucks that wonā€™t make the difference

1 Like

@Kellag is one of those privileged men where millimeters have never mattered to him. I, for one, need every millimeter I can get!

9 Likes

Flattery will get you everywhereā€¦ except for 40mphšŸ¤£

5 Likes

I agree with @longhairedboyā€¦ youā€™ll actually go faster with red.

4 Likes