Herringbone Gears Avio MK2 Gear Drive

I think, with a high resolution position sensor, low speed torque improves dramatically? @Gamer43 you no like AS5047?

1 Like

AS5047 is not as straightforward to mount and I donā€™t trust it to give precise and accurate readings with just a single magnet in a high EMI environment.

2 Likes

Thanks for a bit of explanation. I have much ignorance in the electrical happenings

1 Like

I push button. Board goes zoom

11 Likes

Ive got my bergs pretty close to wobble freeā€¦
8 grams on the opposite side of the valve stem and one gram 90 degrees from valvestem

5 Likes

Yeap. Gotta balance em!

1 Like

Is there any tutorials anywhere on how to balance them and what to use?

1 Like

K&L Supply Steel Stick On Wheel Weights - Black - 5g. 32-3493 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WXO4CK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_lCD6DbY64WQM2

Or lead tape.

You can use these. If I have the time Iā€™ll make a post on how to balance your tyres.

4 Likes

If you go to a car tire shop, they will can give you free .25 oz weights (7gram weights).

1 Like

You can also find sticky back lead tape at tennis shops.

3 Likes

shame I cant use my machine :frowning:

5 Likes

This is the method I use

use two stands to support an ā€axleā€, slide the axle through the rim with the mounted tire and put it on the stands. Mark the heavy spot (the bottom) when the wheel stops rotating. A chalk mark, or grease pencil works fine.

Spin it again and make sure it stops in the same spot. Once you have determined that it is the heavy spot, start applying stick-on weights one at a time to the opposite location on the rim. You can buy a box of weights at auto stores or cheaper online.

Keep checking balance after every square. When the heavy spot stops in random places, youā€™re done.

This is the method I learned to balance motorcycle tires in a pinch. Iā€™ll bet avio or someone has other methods that are better. Iā€™m definitely curious to know how people are doing it as well.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s precisely how i envisioned it , cheersšŸ¤™

Gonna find some little weights and start prepping my build soon.

2 Likes

Yeap! Exactly the same as how youā€™d balance a motorcycle wheel. Iā€™ll take a pic of a cheap setup i made using 3d priner parts when I get home.

If you have a wheel balancer with a spirit bubble level,even better!

4 Likes

I can perhaps also design something that uses a nail and a bubble level app on a phoneā€¦

2 Likes

Here you go. I usually balance 2 wheels at a time.
In case youā€™re wondering, those wooden jigs you see are designed to help me with waxing and tuning my snowboards. (hence the slot in the middle). I also use them to prop up my esk8 builds for maintenance and repairs. really handy for lots of stuff. Works by simply clamping them down to any work surface. Dimensions below if you want to build one out of a 2x4

Follow the steps shown in this vid.

9 Likes

Awww, i wonā€™t have the money for that till 2 monthsā€¦ damn my luck

2 Likes

We MIGHT still have stock then. :smiley:

Hmmm, Iā€™ll write it down and message you in 2 months then :wink: My luck might turn

1 Like

@avX are the bundle prices permanent, or an early bird deal? If early bird, when do we have to order by?

1 Like