Help with new board.

looks like vesc tool is not identifying my vesc, also looks like the motor is running normally now, however its grinding back and forth like it doesnt know which way to spin

but if its spinning already there arent any problems

That’s normal unsensored behaviour.

But not connecting to the VESC Tool is a much bigger problem. What cable did you use?

i got it to work now, updated firmware so far

Make sure you click “Read Motor Settings” and “Read App Settings” on the right before changing ANYTHING.

Make sure you click “Write Motor Settings” and “Write App Settings” on the right after changing ANYTHING.

The user interface leaves a lot to be desired.

1 Like

Using FOC / HFI mode is recommended but it will take a while to set up.

Otherwise just go for BLDC unsensored.

currently following a video tutorial on setting it up through vesc app is that not what i should do?

No.

You should definitely do that.

1 Like

after writing the app and motor configs the remote doesnt connect now lol

yeah actually figured it out but now it doesnt brake god damn

1 Like

There’s a setting for that in the app portion
Something like "current " needs to change to “current with brake” iirc

1 Like

I prefer

Control Mode: Current Hyst Reverse With Brake
Max ERPM for direction switch: 3500

Then you can double-tap backwards and it will reverse if you aren’t rolling fast

with those suggested current limits my esc cut out constantly ended up eating shit lol

Would you show us this screen after pressing “Read Motor Configuration” on the right?

2 Likes

Absolute max 60a doesn’t sound to me like alot :thinking:

2 Likes

what should it be? 10s4p 30qs

What motor is this?
I’d probably personally go between 120a and 160a

160a is the default for a reason, change it back to the default and you’ll probably be golden.

I’m fairly certain it’s not dependant on your setup, it’s just used as a way to save the vesc if it detects a higher load. Hense over current fault

3 Likes

TB 6355 x1