Help with new board.

Today i received my 10s4p battery, checked the voltage (36v) and then plugged everything together to make sure it works and of course it didnt XD. everything works up to the motor ( receiver and remote work, lights come up on the TB Vesc but when i move the accelerator wheel on the remote the motor doesn’t do anything and on TB website it says the vesc shouldn’t need to be setup when ran with their motor. what can i do to get this thing on the road?

1 Like

Is the receiver light flashing or solid when everything is turned on?

the nano receiver is solid red and the vesc has a blue and green light both are solid.

Eh, I’m not sure how they would guarantee that. I think you need to program the esc with vesc tool; set up the motor, set up the remote.

2 Likes

Then as Rusins is suggesting, go through the input wizard in vesc tool. (I would do motor as well, though).

3 Likes

@b264 is this correct orientation for remote receiver?

I plug backwards 100% of the time first try

2 Likes

Good catch!

Ground (black) to the outside pin on channel 2.

2 Likes

If the LED is shining it’s probably correct, although it should be on Channel 1 I think :thinking:

2 Likes

That was my next suggestion! I demand you delete your comment.

4 Likes

yup it was backwards than you so much!!!

2 Likes

You win this time Justin! :fist:

2 Likes

5 Likes

He DESTROYED you. PM me if you need to talk about this huge and public black mark on your reputation.

4 Likes

Can we take a moment to appreciate the genius of that design. Power in the middle means no smoke.on a reverse plug in. Simple yet so elegant

3 Likes

well it worked but it is so slow maybe the remote setting arent right, like 3-5mph

1 Like

You’re on a small single motor, so setup is super important. Have you gone through the motor detection wizard and input wizard yet? You still need to do this to get everything possible out of your board.

Let’s invite the king of single motor setups to weigh in: @b264

Have you set up this screen?

3 Likes

no just ran to walmart to grab a mini usb and doing it now…will update when complete

Make sure it’s a “data cable” because one designed for charging a phone will often not work as it only has two wires inside instead of four.

1 Like

If this is your first esk8, when programming your VESCs I recommend you start with semi conservative settings

Motor Max: 50a
Motor Min: -50a

Battery Max: 20a
Battery Min: -20a

Your 4.xx VESCs can (REASONABLY, lets not start this fight again :crazy_face:) handle up to 40a for Battery Max and Battery Min. Any more and you risk either blowing them up, or suffering from thermal throttling until it pretty much kills your experience. As for the Motor Max and Motor Min, thats dependent on your motors. I assume you have dual 6355 which should allow for you to set Motor max and Motor Min up to 70/-70, respectively.

If you are starting from the absolute beginning, watch a few videos like this:

Dont forget that lower/higher amp values for battery max directly correlate with voltage sag / what range you can achieve with the battery.

Additionally if youre using canbus to allow the vescs to talk to each other, that you NEVER unplug the canbus wires while the VESCs are on. If you do your VESCs will go poof. :boom:

2 Likes