Help with my stupid Bluetooth module. New vesc tool 2019

So I had my board running fine with dual Focboxes on ackamaniac. Was able to see data on app. Well I. Could not leave well enough alone. So I flashed the new vesc firmware.
Set up on PC went great. love the new vesc tool.

But I can t get my stupid Bluetooth module to work. module flashes red light. If I try to pair with my phone it asks for a pin… When I’m trying to pair from my phone module red light goes solid. Then it rejects my pin and goes back to flashing red light.
I tried different pins. 0000 000000 1234 123456123456789.
Vesc app sees it as mlt-bt05. But can’t connect.

2 Likes

The new vesc tool app does not work with hm10 modules.
You need an nrf module such as the trampa dongle or the metr pro.

5 Likes

Thanks. Flipsky will work right? https://flipsky.net/products/core51822-ble4-0-bluetooth-2-4g-wireless-module-nrf51822-onboard-ws82013

2 Likes

Yes that flipsky module is the same as the trampa one :+1:

1 Like

It’s not same, but should connect to the App. If you want to use it as remote connection to upcoming remotes, it will not work unless you manage to get the required FW on. The Trampa VESC connect dongle can be updated FW wise using VESC Tool.

3 Likes

Flipsky does NOT work for me. Metr does.

And who thought it was a good idea to make the new firmware not compatible with HM10 modules

9 Likes

Wait does this mean I bought a module from Jlabs for no reason :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I do have the Flipsky module working with he Flipsky FSEC 4.20 plus

What fw version was the last the hm10 worked? You could downgrade to that version.

i had it working fine with Ackmaniac. just could not leave well enough alone. i ordered another flipsky one…

HM10 is to slow for FW updates and RT-Data.

But it works, its cheap, its widely available, and people use it.

7 Likes

Wouldnt there be a way to make the hm 10 also work BUT just for normal configuration accses without rt data and fw update? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Doesn’t make sense. A reliable connection requires NRF chipset. HM 10 data throughput is far to low.

1 Like

And yet, 100’s of us have been using them for years. Odd, that.

4 Likes

But only for limited use. FW upload takes ages, dual FW upload takes even longer,no simultaneous connection to remote, RT-Data update rate is poor and not precise…
We all have used modems for a long time and it worked somehow. Now we can stream videos on our smartphones. Tech moves on.

5 Likes

Tech may move on but that doesn’t mean other people will move on. Not supporting a system that plenty of people use is pretty counter intuitive and a great way to upset people. You can’t just suddenly change stuff and expect everyone to bow down to your will. As usual this is Trampa changing things to suit Trampa and only Trampa. Also get a new website it sucks mega ass

4 Likes

Actually I have to say this dongle is pretty damn good. I own two trampa dongles and they are in a different league compared to a HM-10. It’s obvious what trampa is doing, its creating a system, dongle and remotes that all work really well with the VESC. Reliable firmware updates wirelessly that take a fraction of the time are alone a game changer for me. Trampa dont make vescs accessories that are incomparable with vescs afterall. I think this is a great move, creating a collection of things that work together whilst keeping it open source and allowing it to work on almost all VESC’s

2 Likes