Help this user sort his TB DD issue

1: does motor detection run successfully on that motor? sometime its successfully, sometime not but always after detection its not work forward and back

2: is it difficult to turn when connected to the ESC? no

3: is it difficult to turn when not connected to the ESC? no

4: if you spin it by hand pretty hard and fast does it feel like there comes a point where it just kind of stops itself from turning like it builds in resistance? no

2 Likes

Wait-it spins up when you run detection?

2 Likes

If that’s the case it could be the ESC not set to multiple ESCs over CAN and slave send CAN status false?

Answers to 2, 3, and 4 do not sound like a shorted or burnt out motor ime.

1 Like

If you leave everything else the same, but change which side the motors are connected to — connect the left motor to the right ESC, and the right motor to the left ESC — does it change which motor doesn’t work?

1 Like

yes its spins up when i run detection but after detection its not go forward and backward

2 Likes

one motor still not work

Dudes, this is topic about TB customer service not how to detect a motor etc… There are topics for that…

1 Like

In case you didn’t notice. He seems to believe his TORQUE BOARDS drives have a problem and he’s not super happy about TORQUE BOARDS customer service so people are trying to help him troubleshoot why one of his TORQUE BOARDS drive isn’t working.

Yes. It’s TORQUE BOARDS related

9 Likes

Cool good deal sounds like you have a working motor and it sounds like your VESC tool settings are borked up a bit.

Depending on firmware version it’s a bit different. What firmware are you running?

Yup, I would back up to Ack 3.103 and see if that improves anything.

@Chingiz

Try this:

2 Likes

I’ve never setup an FSESC dual, I assume it’s just like two singles just CAN on the PCB, so setup is required for both master and slave individually… is that correct?

1 Like

Correct, iirc there’s a can bus switch on the PCB

2 Likes

Yeah… , but still generates a lot of OFFTOPIC! CUSTOMER SERVICE is not about faulty product but about dealing with Customers.

3 Likes

Stuff like that will always happen. Best you can do is Skip his comments and move on to reading what’s important to you

1 Like

Dexter would otherwise be providing this support for a product that ultimately seems probably isn’t an issue with his product but some other companies product. Maybe the topic can be split to a more appropriate thread at this point…

And customer service definitely includes faulty products… that’s one of the main reasons I’d reach out to any company for customer service… help with a faulty product.

2 Likes

Do you see people complaining about Tb mounts here or in specific topic? :slight_smile: Ironically we create more spam xD

1 Like

Has the person with the motor issue tried the shorting the phases trick to see if the motor is good?

1 Like

But is it the SAME motor that doesn’t work, or a DIFFERENT motor?

I don’t think you are listening or want to help yourself. I’ve asked this important question twice now, and you evade the answer both times. I feel like you just want to blame someone, instead of working toward finding the cause of the problem. If that’s the case, you are just wasting our time here. You must read. And in order to be helped, you must be willing to help yourself. Don’t worry about being able to, we can help with that. But only you can be willing to.

I will ask a third time:

If you leave everything else the same, but change which side the motors are connected to — connect the left motor to the right ESC, and the right motor to the left ESC — does it change which motor doesn’t work?

6 Likes

Correct, and CAN on the PCB but hard switch to enable/disable.

2 Likes

Let’s just try to fix this and I’ll move later.

1 Like