HELP NO BRAKES! also can't detect sensors on one motor.

By the way, if you can’t get this figured out by the end of the day, PM me and I’ll send you an ESC you can use until you get your DV6 sorted out. I could 2-day it to you so you don’t have to wait weeks for it.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

I’m not. I’m giving you advice from someone who fixes boards for a living, builds 10 batteries a week, and has seen so many silly mistakes that I can read the Matrix.

4 Likes

thank you for the offer, and it may well help, but I’m kind of sure it’s the motor and/ or something in my settings that’s wrong.

That’s fine. Let me know and I can send you some motors as well.

I’m out. Best of luck.

1 Like

any ideas?

This is testament to my #1 esk8 guiding principle.

“If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.”

1 Like

The sensor issue started on it’s own. The braking issue started when I tried to fix the sensor issue.

Turn on RT APP and check the PWM (“PPM”) calibration screen.

Are you able to issue a -100% throttle command?

Via keyboard or remote?

I recommend just not using sensors because they seem to fail constantly. They’re not very robust in my experience.

Why don’t you just not use them?

Radio. Remote.

Okay I’m fine with not using sensors if I can still have reasonably smooth operation and reliable brakes.

Sensorless is far more reliable than sensors. A lot less stuff that can fail.

1 Like

Yeah 12 less wires and 6 less sensors to fail. I like it.

Should I bother trying to tune HFI for these? Boardnamics/FS 6384 170kv

HFI will likely work well on those motors.

Tuning HFI can be done on a wireless connection but it’s the one thing I find is better on a wired USB connection.

Tuning HFI requires a lot of patience, a lot of attention to detail, perseverance, and a bit of luck.

But a well working HFI setup is very reliable and can work really well.

Hopefully this makes my brakes work.

So I just did FOC wizard so I could have a fresh detection when setting up HFI, and now it detects hall sensors on both motors
But while one of the motors now behaves well the other one grinds and stutters when applying throttle.

Edit: back to not detecting sensors again

Try typing in the old detected values manually, then click the button to calculate the other parameters.

Where do I find the old detected values?

1 Like

In your screenshot here.

those weren’t values for a working setup