Help me complete my setup please [SERIOUS]

Yeah, that’s the new Dave. Always someone else’s fault.

1 Like

Im going to buy this BMS. Its only $11 difference from 20amp to 60 amp.
Guide me please.

There is also the sp13 connector if you can get hold of it. It’s what I use

The sp13 is not an option that the charger comes with unfortunately

The dims on that other one are as you thought.
The 20a should be fine as you wont be using the bms to discharge through?
For charge port, finding a water/dust/proof/resistant bung is key for the higher amperage connectors.
Probably the type you have fitted will be the type that is rated to 5A and even then they get warm at that. An XT30 with a printed part to let it pass through the enclosure could be an option and a printed flexible bung?

1 Like

Nice beats too bro. Im a dnb head from way back, been playing with FL studio lately

Very easy to change the connector on the charger though. That SP13 looks like a contender to me.

1 Like

Just solder it lol

Heres more details for anyone interested

https://www.weipuconnector.com/Product_show_8.htm

The best part is you only need a 13mm hole in your enclosure and you can have the isolated pins board side.

edit: just noticed there is a sp21 with upto 12 pins and a sp29 with upto 26 pins. These could be great if you want to keep your BMS outside the enclosure.

2 Likes

Im going to run with that, cheers

1 Like

I’ve got one of the charge ones on the way. Cheers for the tip.

1 Like

yeah as @Goldrabe said, if you bypass discharge you can get away with a 15A bms. They are way smaller.

OK guys Im all sorted now except for an appropriate fuse for this charger, if somebody could link me to one on ali express that would be rad AF.

link to charger…

Anyone? Can I just use any old fuse and fuse holder?
Its my last question I promise.

A load of info here.
Most people use the auto fuses.

1 Like

Thanks bro, you have been good to me.

1 Like

Not a problem. Happy to help.

Sorry if it seems Im not doing my research lol. Im flipping a few different pancakes in a few different pans atm lol

15A fuse. The ones you find in a car

1 Like

Goddamnit.
I have 2 credit cards, a visa and a mastercard and ali express DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS TYPE OF CARD for both of them

Im going to vent.

Here it comes…

FUCK YOU PSYCHO PILFERER
FUCK YOUR DEPRESSED, SELF RIGHTIOUS, SELF SABOTAGING, INWARD LOOKING ASS.
FUCK YOU

3 Likes