Help me complete my setup please [SERIOUS]

So my other thread was hijacked, really really well and partially by myself, and they were all lovely boys but I need some actual serious assistance so lets do that here .
I have this board which turns out to be missing a few bits and pieces.

I have no BMS so I want to buy a high quality one.
I also need to fabricate a battery. Long range is important to me, speed not so much.
I have 60x samsung 30q batteries, nickel strips, circular insulators and heat shrink.
I believe I need some fish paper and a few connectors to complete my parts list for the battery.
I also have no charger, are all chargers the same? I have an old one from a dead backfire board somewhere, could I just use that if I can find the thing?
Also I am in Japan.
So lets have a look and steer me in the right direction please. If there is anything I missed please speak up.

1 Like

Lets start with bms recommendations and links I guess.

I would like to buy everything I need from one place if possible

First of all, sorry again for the hijack.
If you are going 12s, Bestech D140 is one of the most reliable BMSs.
Another good solution with bluetooth connectivity is the LTT smart BMS

https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/product-category/smart-bms/

Don’t rush, there are a lot of minor details involved in making a safe battery. The required skill is literally zero, so as long as you don’t skip any important steps, you will be up and running in no time.

4 Likes

also for charger go aliexpress
yzpower

they are cheap high powered and reliable

also what abttery config are youy planning

2 Likes

I want to be schooled in a battery config that suits my needs, lets hear it.

1 Like

Do you have the cells in hand?
Tape them up with painter’s tape in groups of 5 and lay them out on the deck. Battery layout is all about available space.

1 Like

Yes I have them

without the bms installed my space is kind of unconfirmable

True. I still feel that if you followed my suggestion you would get a better visual of available space.

1 Like

taping flat groups of 5?

Supposing you want to go 12s5p yes.
If you intend on going 10s6p then flat groups of 6.

Here is a build thread of a Jet Killshot with 10s6p.

I am sure you will find some with 12s5p to get ideas.
Dave even had a 12s7p for sale, so space should not be a problem with that deck/enclosure combination

1 Like

Yeah you should really follow taz on that idea to visually see what can be done. - also allows others to help you more effective

2 Likes

Does either the 12s5p or 10s 6p offer more mileage? I wont be riding fast, I want range

1 Like

It should be almost the same with 12s giving you more top speed.
If it were me, I would go for 12s

1 Like

12s depends mainly if your vescs can handle it

for those vescs i would go 12s

also 12s should give you slightly more then 10s6p

That is unequivocally incorrect shua. 10s6p will provide more range, less speed, as opposed to a 12s5p

8 Likes

Thats what I thought too but I don’t know much about it all.

12s5p double layered looks like this

2 Likes