Help me complete my setup please [SERIOUS]

how does this look combined with an 8 amp fuse?

Yeah that’s fine

1 Like

Is this any good? and how many amps should it be rated at?

I linked the manufacturer of the smart BMS’s.
The one you linked seems quite large. Since you want to bypass discharge you don’t need a high amp model.
https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/
I am going to order some cells from queens battery in the coming month, if you want to buy more cells just hit me up and I combine your cells with my order. Ground shipping cells domestically isn’t a problem I guess. I will pay upfront for all cells and you can reimburse me upon recieval.

*Edit, I got the same charger, this one is good, it makes some noise but isn’t too annoying.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will get 24x samsung 30q
I won’t let you down.

3 Likes

My brain is burned out now lol. I need to sleep.
I want to thank everyone who either helped me out or made me laugh today.
You’re not a bad bunch of eggs.

5 Likes

Good thread thanks for sharing guys🤗

1 Like

Ok, I will let you know when I am going to order and how much queens battery is going to quote me.
Then you can decide if it’s worth for you.
The Snowboard you build is awesome by the way, I envy you!
Let’s hope that Japan gets back on track for the next season!

1 Like

I’d order a complete battery with BMS installed

2 Likes

He is in Japan where apparently it’s very hard to ship to

That’s tough considering how many are made just west of him.

That’s gonna be my recommendation for someone with questions like his. Lots of research needs done before he starts building a battery

2 Likes

A 7P config will take long to charge up with 4A. Maybe 7-8A? It’s just a recommendation

2 Likes

consider yourself lucky that you received anything at all.

4 Likes

So I did get one initial, quick email reply from Dave but it was just to tell me that he KNOWS he shipped a bms and a charger.
I replied if that were true Id be riding my board under the cherry blossoms right now.
He did not reply.

So there you go. Im pretty smart with psychology. I suffered depression for most of my life and cured myself by standing like a man and facing EVERYTHING with an open mind. Sadly I can see that he has a long way to go, and trust me its a shithole I would not wish on anyone so I am releasing him from duty. He has self sabotaged himself out of the industry it would seem.
Lets fix this ourselves, onward and upward.

5 Likes

Ok so with the help of my new good friend Goldrabe san I am upgrading to 12s7p.
It seems I need to rethink the charger because of this but the other parts list is still ok?

24 cells, Goldrabe
fish paper, ali express
female xt60 connector, ali express
fuse holder, was 8 amp, now 16 amp? , ali express
charger, 8 amp? ali express
smart bms, I need help choosing the right model, possibly from the site Goldrabe san recommended

4 Likes

Sounds pretty decent, will be cool to see it all come together

2 Likes

https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/product/13s-48v-li-ion-battery-pcb-board-54-6v-lithium-bms-with-60a-discharge-current-for-electric-motorcycle-and-e-scooter-protection-2-2-3-2-2-2-2-2/
These are the smart BMSs I’ve been using lately. Big but reassuring.

1 Like

Is it safe to assume the dimensions are wrong?
It should read 1.3cm thick x 10cm wide x 15cm long?
I will make a paper template and test fit

Also the 8 amp charger is forcing me to use an xlr or gt16 type plug. I would need to change the warerproof bulkhead fitting on the enclosure to suit.
Which fitting type should I go for?

emphasized text

Add Kapton tape.

1 Like