Help Battery warms up! #if you DIY do it properlY

If been riding like that for a couple days now🙈

Do you have enough knowledge and comfort to take the shrink wrap off and measure p-group voltages and check all of your series voltages? If you don’t know anything about battery packs I would get someone else to look at it.

1 Like

You need to fuse your charge port, and maybe add your country to your profile.

1 Like

Ya it would also be helpful to know where you are…

1 Like

I’m comfortable using a multimeter to check it as long I don’t have to spotweld anything.

What sort of Fuze do I need? Got no clue about that.

I’m from germany

I use these fuses, but if you talk to other German members they might have some or know a local source

2 Likes

I think I can get those from the Mechanic I work for.

Looking at the charging time one battery must be dead or disconnected it recharges roughly half the time it used to and the battery doesn’t warm up while charging, is that a good sign?

1 Like

So open it up, check voltages for each p-group.

Also check voltages from the 1st group progressively to the last. Measure from main neg terminal to pos on cell 1, then 2 etc… All the way to 14. You should get progressively higher voltages as you do each new cell.

Take lots of pics, especially if you see burn marks anywhere. Clear your work space of all metal. Use a plastic or ceramic knife to remove the shrink wrap. Cover exposed connections when not in use.

Be very careful

Report back and post lots of pictures.

2 Likes

OK will do that

1 Like

Pretty sure it got wet…

2 Likes

Could the batter temp wire occasionally shorting be the reason for the sudden loss of battery?

2 Likes

Defiantly moisture in there and metal showing on the corner of the cells

I think I don’t need to measure the cells. Is the battery savable? Like let it dry out and hope for the best sort of style?

3 Likes

Keeps getting worse

4 Likes

Wow. Take it outside your home, send it to appropriate facility for recycle, and be happy that you haven’t started a fire while riding it. That is a disaster waiting to happen, that battery.

15 Likes

Nothing to safe I guess

Smells rusty too

3 Likes

oh uh stinky!!

hmm maybe just dump the whole battery into some Evapo-rust. /s

2 Likes

I would stop using that battery immediately, also highly suggest you don’t store it in the house if possible

5 Likes

Even before you shorted the charge port and you doused it in water the series connections look to be good for like 15amps max.

4 Likes

Consider yourself very lucky homie. That’s a fire waiting to happen. If your other pack is from the same place I’d stop using it as well. Even before the pack got wet there’s sooo much wrong with it.