Help Battery warms up! #if you DIY do it properlY

Keeps getting worse

4 Likes

Wow. Take it outside your home, send it to appropriate facility for recycle, and be happy that you haven’t started a fire while riding it. That is a disaster waiting to happen, that battery.

15 Likes

Nothing to safe I guess

Smells rusty too

3 Likes

oh uh stinky!!

hmm maybe just dump the whole battery into some Evapo-rust. /s

2 Likes

I would stop using that battery immediately, also highly suggest you don’t store it in the house if possible

5 Likes

Even before you shorted the charge port and you doused it in water the series connections look to be good for like 15amps max.

4 Likes

Consider yourself very lucky homie. That’s a fire waiting to happen. If your other pack is from the same place I’d stop using it as well. Even before the pack got wet there’s sooo much wrong with it.

I actually hoped I could do something like that evapo rust and just use electrician tape to isolate the cells :sweat_smile:

I don’t know how much it can do, it was the standard battery coming with the board

2 Likes

Yeah figured that

The other one is from a different board brand but I guess not much better

Well, you don’t know until you see what’s inside it. I’d open it up and take some pics.

And this right here is why I took the leap into building my own packs. There’s no standards out there for many board manufacturers re battery safety. E-bikes too.

Take that thing outside until u can diapose of it properly.

1 Like

Well the other pack is in the small enclosure which it’s basically molded to, I know for sure that’s dry. The first one was just opened to often and then not properly sealed anymore…

out of curiosity, what esc are you using with that setup?
14S is not that common

2 Likes

Please, don’t. You could really regret making that choice

1 Like

Who wants to see the underside? Everyone? That’s what I thought.

Shall we make this a why you don’t buy that cheap Chinese board thread?

3 Likes

The newer lingyi Esc I think. It was a complete from apsuboard called the V5 ( you’re free to roast me)

1 Like

The board basically makes up for weaker motors with higher voltage, which sounds horrible but I didn’t know that beforehand

1 Like

ok, I haven’t really been looking at the prebuilts so didn’t know they were using 14s

but yeah, that battery is about to let the stank out

At least nothing is leeking