Hellcat Wide hubs with various Tires on them.

This kinda started as a derail of another thread.

If you have hellcat wide hubs and you’ve put other tires on em feel free to post picks in this thread.

Here’s sunmate 175x50s

And for comparison on stock MBS hub.

6 Likes

I was completely unable to put metroboard 155s on these hubs. thee tire would not slip on the hub. I even sandwiched the tire and half hub between some wood and used a vice to press them together. wouldn’t go on.

Pretty sure these @Kaly hubs had the same problem with the original 200x75 phatty tires. and that’s why people did weird things to em.

So @kook at least from me metroboard 155s on these hubs is not gonna happen.

1 Like

and I don’t have a side x side of these yet. but 200x50 tires. work pretty well. these are clever/metroboard 8"

next time I change tires I’ll try to do a better side x side.

2 Likes

I like the profile and wear pattern on these a lot!

3 Likes

Kenda 909s ( 200x50 ) so not much more interesting than the clevers above.

rockstar II on the left hell cat wides on the right.

even some of these kendas were hard to fit on the hubs.
seriously I’m wondering if I can have the hubs turned down a bit to make it possible to fit more tires on them…

5 Likes

Any chance you have somr kenda 8x3 s to go on there?

1 Like

the big 'ol smooth ones? I do not. but… send me some? :slight_smile:

I also got frustrated with fitting and didn’t try the “phaty 8x3s” they were originally deisgned
for. again I think the center of these hubs need to be turned down if that’s possible.

2 Likes

It’s possible with a large I’m sure. But I don’t have one.

My 8x3s at ein the mail and I’m widening 5stars to fit.them. I would like to go. But I’m printing spacers so it’s.probably not worth the shipping for me. If you want to try them I’ll ship em on your dime though.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll pass though, plenty of other things to do.

nice. I love how the spacer works with those. I hate how the stepped lip of the rim for the larger 9" tires sticks out when using them the inner lip for 6 - 8" tires. which is purely aesthetic… but :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Totally agree. If i could find other 4" hubs I would use those. It the only alternative in is Trampa. And well… not worth it. Support for Trampa parts is shit at best

2 Likes

Wanted to chime in: stretched k909 on HellCats is my fuckin jam now, 500 miles in, no going back.

Edit: I keep forgetting to switch accounts, @DerelictRobot here, big surprise.

10 Likes

anyone got either 160 or 165mm tires to try on?

I may need this info for science, plz!

1 Like

Also another question actually. When standing, how much height is lost if any when widened as opposed to normal.

This is important since I have a DS enclosure and I need to know if I’m going to loose clearance haha.

maybe 5mm total height? probably depends on the tire.

2 Likes

i should say 5mm total diameter. which would only be 2.5mm lost ride height.

3 Likes

Perfect. Thank you so muuuuuuch.

1 Like

Anybody tried xcell tires on these?

1 Like

I sold mine before I ever had my hands on xcell tires. but i suspect they’d work. there’s like 1-2 mm difference in width IIRC.

If it’s the first gen Xcell tires, they’re a pretty tight fit - one of the smallest ID’s i’ve owned. That combined with what sounds like a large diameter barrel would mean a pretty tough time mounting them. No clue on the newer V2 Xcell tires. @akbrock47 hope that helps