Heed the warnings, don't trust Torqueboards

Evidently the old news is relevant, from reading this thread.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

6 Likes

I mean the choice of where to buy them has become abundantly clearly not TB ATM.

1 Like

This fucking sucks. I liked that guy. Is torque boards really shitting the bed this bad?

1 Like

your jokes are kind of a big deal.

12 Likes

From what I’ve noticed, working with China is a shiton of back and forth getting the words across the language barriers and making sure every single detail is in the design. But if you don’t do QC and get design flaws fixed as they appear during testing, you are no better

2 Likes

You forgot the best one!

3 Likes

I mean, just look at their return policy now:

STANDARD RETURN POLICY

All sales are final. We do not accept returns on any items.

Unshipped orders can be cancelled at any time. If you wish to cancel or have any questions, please contact customer support at help@diyelectricskateboard.com

PRE-ORDERS

Pre-orders purchases are not eligible for a refund or a return. A pre-order can be refunded for store credit only before the product has shipped.

CHARGEBACK POLICY

All fraudulent chargebacks are investigated and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

7 Likes

Their return page just didn’t exist for a hot minute…

it has got to really suck for the most part trying to be an esk8 vendor…

sucks to see so many of the companies struggle.

it is kind of crazy that so much of the shit we buy is basically buy at your own risk…
shit breaks. that is your problem.

sure there are exceptions… but for the most part…

I really am afraid that some day we will all end up having to get parts from Mboards.

9 Likes

I’m curious as to why one wouldn’t hire a native Chinese speaker, even if just for the purpose of interfacing with a manufacturer. Granted, demographics are different everywhere so I’m sure my view is skewed. NYC is diverse enough that its easy to find native speakers of most languages that are bilingual. But still, even hiring a remote liaison would be worth the cost if it saves a lot of headache, mistakes, and unusable product.

7 Likes

yeah.
I’m with you on this.
if I’m buying motors right now it is flipsky.

which is funny right… they come out on top that way…

I have I think 5 sets of TB motors and they have been great. but they are no longer my go to…

i did have a fucked up issue with stripping the mounting holes on my flipsky 6374 190kv motor, but they are still my go to now

4 Likes

I agree it must be hard, but the one thing the community has no tolerance for is silence.

Stuff can be delayed months, sometimes over a year, but as long as we keep getting updates and communication, folks on this forum are cool. See Momentum as an example, and Speedboard as the opposite.

Stuff can fail and toss riders, but when the company comes in and says “Oh wow, I’m so sorry that happened! We will send you a replacement and look into this right away!” generally people here are good.

But with Torqueboards, we have stuff breaking left and right, including their most expensive product, and the response is along the lines of “You people are impossible to please. Learn how to fall.”

7 Likes

FWIW… my 75kv TBDD’s and 110mm 78A’s have held up fantastically. To be fair though, I do not ride a ton and I try to ride in optimal conditions and roads. Only a 10s4p samsung 30q pack so never more than about 2800 watts, 80 motor amps.

I got the drives in October 2019 and the only thing I’ve done is oiled the bearings and added threadlocker :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Also have an Enertion Unity from batch 2 going strong :grimacing:

I guess I should consider myself lucky… I hate to hear others have been burned.

2 Likes

This is a mother fucking disgrace!!!

2 Likes

Sorry, but maybe get stuff made where they speak your language.

10 Likes

luck of the draw is what it is all about with some of these parts…

1 Like

TB really attempted to have low prices. But things tended to go downhill and we aren’t all the super resourceful type for fixing things we buy with problems that need solving.

cough cough notany1 inparticular

3QGx

6 Likes

That would only be possible with premium boards…
Wait :thinking:

3 Likes

I sense moderate to high levels of frustration coming from this thread so here are your therapy puppies

24 Likes