HAYA HB83 33" Short board (Progress)

Unity? or not yet decided?

1 Like

Not yet decided.
And open to suggestions :slight_smile:

Maybe you can fit a 11S5P 18650 using the whole width of the 91mm channel

1 Like

This is what an 11S4P battery looks like in the HB83. You might be able to squeeze a 12S4P battery in there if you convertable modding it a bit, but I believe this is the max for easy installation.

I currently have an issue with my unity, but once that’s resolved I can finally try it out! I hope I don’t have to send it back for repairs, or it might be another few weeks before I can try it out for the first time.

6 Likes

What is going on with your Unity?

Thanks for the help @bevilacqua and @DSluijk

Definitely have a fair Idea on what I’ll be able to do. I get back home Friday this week someone will be at home to grab the board. And ill see if I can get in contact with the local battery guru in my area @TinnieSinker to see If a 12s4p could fit with say a FSESC dual 6.6 plus and small charge only bms :))

This noise:

It only comes from one of the two motors, and when swapping the phase wires the other motor starts acting up. So it’s something in the unity, either physical or configuration wise. But I’m currently out of ideas. Now I’m waiting for there support to get back at me.

1 Like

Good luck! Eager to see how it turns out!

1 Like

have you tried swapping the bullet connectors? 1st and 3rd or any other option (not swapping sides: what you already have done). I think Damon (@longhairedboy) mentioned it in the psychotiller interview when they spoke about carvon DD setups.

note: I know those are not carvons :wink:

1 Like

Yes, a few times actually. It didn’t do much except for one time, which made the noise even worse.

1 Like

oh, sorry to hear that, maybe they can replace it fast now that they seem to be restocking

1 Like

I finally built a website. The basic ordering and so on should work fine, if not please let me know. I will be updating/refining it slowly…

https://hayaboards.com/

5 Likes

I am a little worried about the bigger batteries leaving enough lid space. Only like 1 or 2mm with the raw cells sitting in there

If you need something custom shoot me a DM, then we can talk :wink:

1 Like

Im a total noob, so I guess I will run into a problem sooner or later :grimacing:. Thanks for the offer Dany :slight_smile:

3 Likes

update regarding the V2 batch issues:

2 Likes

We tested 2 sample decks that were made last week, these were glued properly.

Resuls: Very solid, no sounds or cracking even with hard jumps over it (85kg rider). It assures our assumption that some of the decks were affected by the glue.

To further ensure the structural stability on the V2.1 replacement decks the thickness of the sides will be increased by some mm, thus reducing the channel dimensions by just a tiny bit ( Will be still able to hold 4 21700 cells in parallel )

1 Like

Your website says out of stock. When will you have more available?

For now, we don’t have any in stock and there is no date set to restock :confused:

We first have to switch the CNC location and I want to wait for feedback of the V2.1 batch

1 Like

Somehow completely missed this – I had planned on building (already started building) a 10s5p battery for my friend’s Haya shortboard, but reducing the channel width to below 90mm prohibits me from doing so :frowning:

Are there any other options?

1 Like