HAYA HB83 33" Short board (Progress)

oh, sorry to hear that, maybe they can replace it fast now that they seem to be restocking

1 Like

I finally built a website. The basic ordering and so on should work fine, if not please let me know. I will be updating/refining it slowly…

https://hayaboards.com/

5 Likes

I am a little worried about the bigger batteries leaving enough lid space. Only like 1 or 2mm with the raw cells sitting in there

If you need something custom shoot me a DM, then we can talk :wink:

1 Like

Im a total noob, so I guess I will run into a problem sooner or later :grimacing:. Thanks for the offer Dany :slight_smile:

3 Likes

update regarding the V2 batch issues:

2 Likes

We tested 2 sample decks that were made last week, these were glued properly.

Resuls: Very solid, no sounds or cracking even with hard jumps over it (85kg rider). It assures our assumption that some of the decks were affected by the glue.

To further ensure the structural stability on the V2.1 replacement decks the thickness of the sides will be increased by some mm, thus reducing the channel dimensions by just a tiny bit ( Will be still able to hold 4 21700 cells in parallel )

1 Like

Your website says out of stock. When will you have more available?

For now, we don’t have any in stock and there is no date set to restock :confused:

We first have to switch the CNC location and I want to wait for feedback of the V2.1 batch

1 Like

Somehow completely missed this – I had planned on building (already started building) a 10s5p battery for my friend’s Haya shortboard, but reducing the channel width to below 90mm prohibits me from doing so :frowning:

Are there any other options?

1 Like

Those who need the 91mm channel width can use the original GF reinforced boards. Those who are ok with the slightly reduced width could use the new ones.

2 Likes

Just wondering what speeds everyone goes on this sick little deck?

I have some haggy trucks and oh they’re sweet!! huge thanks to @haggyboard.timo kinda want another set hahaha.

Im getting to around 30km/h mark and getting wobbles and was wondering if anybody has any suggestions?
Bushings are tight not too tight but reasonable I believe. I ride an evolve gtr had a gtx and can go top speed on em (40-42km give or take) with trucks fairly loose.

I honestly don’t wanna go top speed on this board which should hit some nice top speed (12s4p 30q / 6374 190kv / Gearing 36t/15t) but I’m lying I wanna hit it at least once hahaha.

Im also not even near full trigger :0

With this all being said only done one ride which was 25km. I may just need to ride some more :man_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

That’s nice :slight_smile: Have you gone faster on other decks? It’s short(33") with zero flex at all and will get unstable if you reach it’s limits and your limits control-wise.

What are the angles at?

@RipTideSports sounds like you could save the day here

3 Likes

Yeah gone 40km/h on exway x1 pro which is the closest thing to being the shortest deck out of my collection (which isn’t short pretty long) besides the haya.

50 degree baseplate.

This is my first shortboard and by no means am I unhappy and I don’t claim to be the best at controlling but I handle my gtr pretty well imo.

Some griptape would probably help alot if I put some on xD

2 Likes

Sounds like you can massage a little more speed out, the Xway is 6" longer, not sure of the baseplate angles used, but a split angle setup may help wedge/dewedge. Brad would know where to ballpark this, also if anyone else is up and running they may have also discovered the stability gains.

Yeah definitely griptape! Do that as a matter of urgency, aluminium is too slippy to trust!

1 Like

Try using split angles, the trucks are quite wide in comparison to the length of the board. Other more specific suggestions should be provided by an expert like @RipTideSports (Hi Brad)

4 Likes

Short WB decks can definitely benefit from a split setup to take some of the turn out of the rear. 50 is steep enough for the front so I would just de-wedge the rear. Let me now if this is something you want to pursue.

3 Likes

Yeah. A .75" sidewalk crack at 5mph.

Cool stuff. Weakest deck I’ve ever ridden .

:pleading_face:. 13 miles total on board

5 Likes

Batch 2? Mine lasted quite a bit longer, but failed the exact same way.

Knowing so many from batch two failed this way, I’d have fiberglassed the whole thing before setting it up.

1 Like

Looks like lack of glue to me.