Grünstern - MOV-E shortboard, 12s3p NESE, Hummie Hubs, Hammock baseplates

hahaha, there will be times you will love the red star more. Not because of the parts, just because its different.
Did you try out @rey8801 adjustable baseplates on the rear at 30 degrees, yet? You should try 46-48 front and 30-35 rear.

2 Likes

That’s a lot of difference. Do you advice that? I do decrease it by like 5 max 10 degree. The difference is already there.

Yeah something like this. There are some precision trucks on the market selling truck angles that route (ronin katanas for example) and I think it would be nice to try out with your design. If it doesn’t matches to your needs you can change it again.

Are we changing the main language to Denglisch?:smiley:

1 Like

ronin should have same base plate of caliber so should fit. I do not have any to try. Do not know about precision ronin though. I finished my precision hanger so gonna milled for my board.

1 Like

oh yeah sounds good, but ronin isn’t the right truck to change the base plates imo. Paris :heart: and calibers are perfect for your baby.

1 Like

Two layers jb weld, will look prettier in the end :wink:

I just got the idea to make something artsy with these :sunglasses:

3 Likes

don’t know why you didn’t just apply some sort of neutral silicone from the inside of the deck right around your connectors :thinking:
so you could keep it super nice if your wood work is perfect.
Edit: Would like to see how the hole in the wood looks like.
Loopkey and chargeport, right?

I want it to blend in as much as possible :wink: you’ll see…
plus it will be strong. charge ports , charging and balancing :slight_smile: the loop key is on the other side. For that I used a more flat angle to have it looking sideways and not down :wink:
edit: it is a qs8 because it can also be used als battery booster. The connector is overkill but its better than a xt-90 since I already have one of these (loopkey) @Andy87 :wink:

1 Like

3 Likes

What’s that?

1 Like

my new top lid :wink:

vacuum right?
Edit: oh me stupid, its your top lid :upside_down_face:

1 Like

No vacuum (yet), still hand laying. I hope this one will last forever so I won’t have to do that again anytime soon :smiley: The deck is almost finished, had tried some coloring but it didn’t turn out as I imagined it so I’m applying some CF right now :slight_smile: The lid is almost finished, turned out super stable. I used 2mm ABS as base, glued a 2mm replica of the original lid on it and changed the shape of the upper part. Then I epoxied it and later applied the cf. Now its as stiff as the original lid but a bit thinner.

Looks nice dude, you did lots on work on that.
I always wonder about the concave on those decks :thinking:

The lid is just flat, concave is only in the outmost parts, heres a picture by @Luke I just copied from the other forum:

1 Like

oh that makes things a little bit easier for experimenting lids :upside_down_face:

New top side:

11 Likes

which epoxy do you use for your craft work?

1 Like

the one used in this set https://www.ebay.de/itm/Carbon-Komplett-Set-0-25qm-Carbongewebe-Leinwand-100g-Epoxidharz-50g-Härter/302052506155?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

1 Like