Grünstern - MOV-E shortboard, 12s3p NESE, Hummie Hubs, Hammock baseplates

Argh, one of my Focboxes ist giving the red blinking light and drv_fault, out of nothing :cry: all I did was shortening cables, but can works, ppm works and the metr is still alive. :frowning: maybe a soldering spot on the drv became loose when I used the air gun to shrink cables…
I still have two focboxes for spare parts but I’m loosing confidence in them. For me the Flipsky 4.12 were much more reliable so far.

I always use a regular hair dryer for shrink tubing, but I still find that a bit hard to believe :thinking:

You could try heat-gunning it again though :stuck_out_tongue:

First I have to take that hot glue mess apart again, then I’ll have a look :thinking: in the current version the fsesc 420 dual should be reliable I think…

1 Like

For now I’ll use my focboxes, still three to destroy :smiley: I think I found the error, one tiny cable from a previous repair came loose (maybe my heatgun orgy :D).
I just decided what I do for the lid, its gonna be awesome :blush:

Ach Homie, I got something on my mind.
Sorry I asked you twice if you got in on electric or street, I was a bit confused i didn’t remember at this time :relieved:
…my news is old news but i must tell you about carbon fibre.
Don’t use it because it is conductive. I know you know but and will want why buy it can’t be the right material imo…better of fibre glass!

Oh, I know :sunglasses: but as long it’s only on the outside everything is fine :yum:

Yeah, the fit inside is sooo tight that I’m having to rip apart my battery pack and redesign it a little bit.

I was thinking the same thing… I’ll probably buy a sheet of acrylic or something and cover the entire top, just like my HAYA.

1 Like

It’ll be even better for waterproofing

1 Like

Fully equipped on the bus :sunglasses:

1 Like

NAHHHHH! No weak points!
the strongest chain cracks just at the weakest point.

Are you talking about the band of the helmet or the deck with the antispark and stuff?

I just went 12km with my first board (Red Star ;)) to drain the full battery a bit for storage which was fun because its 10km/h faster but the Grünstern is way more interesting to ride. With the Red Star all I could reach for was more speed, for the green one speed is not the most important thing any more. Sounds a bit weird but this is how it is :smiley: Its a wonderful smooth ride, now that I got used to the different kind of steering it feels way better :blush:

2 Likes

talking about conductive coverage wich could lead to interference on the remote, but just my 2 penny opinion.

1 Like

Even in my first deck which was cf coated everywhere I had no issues with the remote. This time it is only the lid so no worries buddy :slightly_smiling_face: I appreciate your concern though :sunglasses: the worst thing that can happen has already happened before: the plus pole of half the battery rubbed on the cf until it got through, on the other side it was the outer part of the USB connector (gnd) making the same - > smoke and fried vesc and at first no clue what happened :grin: life long learning…

1 Like

Remember a hint i gave you once which was not wanted, but finally you tried and then you were like clapping my shoulder
:wink::upside_down_face::rofl:
Used before or not doesn’t matter to my 2 penny :joy::joy::joy: :speaking_head:
anyways, you are ja schon big hahahaha
…Oh that is evil force waisting its time on your build.
Did it happen with the greenstar? im a bit confused

Nono, the red star. It was originally also cf coated on the inside :roll_eyes: but after that incident I sanded everything away :rofl:

ah yeah i know about red star cf all over coverage-siehste? hahahaha sorry homie im not here to to bash you :wink:
Cf is the wrong material imo, again, use fibre glass,dude. :male_detective:

Never felt like it :wink: (bashing, not fiberglass)

1 Like

Btw the red star was a great build. I still love that idea everyone of us have possibly had (to change wb this way on a popsickle ) and you did it electric. That is an awesome thread, too.
I was that curious how that turned out. :thinking::raised_hands::clap:

It’s still running, using landwheel hubs (the second best I ever encountered and maybe the most efficient ones) going up to 55 kph at 10s. Problem is: I like the new one more :joy: