[Group Rides] LA / OC / SD - On Going

We got some slower guys in our group, rather stick with the actual DIY guys. They also took off when we where waiting on a few guys.

Before we even started the ride, he made it seem like he organized the whole thing and dictated when we started riding. Kinda pissed me off. Anyways, itā€™s in the past and imma just stop

1 Like

canā€™t really blame them for that. most group rides Iā€™ve been on has the fast group lose the slower group. we meet somewhere later down the road. I do agree that Joe tends to make himself the leader in groups.

2 Likes

Mannnn. Havenā€™t been on a group ride in forever. My first group ride in Long Beach last year is still my favorite one.

1 Like

Go to the Costa Mesa to Huntington Beach one if you can. They have them for the next two Thursdays. Bring a Jacket return trip gets cold. And light definitely lights. Wear a psychotiller shirt or hat. One guy will totally think itā€™s the best thing since slice bread.

1 Like

They were just impatient and lil slefish. He doesnt mean slow as in riding, I ride faster than the evolve guys and redbaron rides a lot faster than meā€¦ I told him give me 3-5 min put on helmet and gloves and we will bounce. I look up and they all had left. I never really feel the love when I bring my diy. I Didnt really care too much because we waited for red baron and his sick silver surfer to come through and had a great ride with the chair Esk8.

3 Likes

Been riding with non DIY people and DIY people. Definitely feel the disconnect between the two.

1 Like

This is sorta the difference I feel likeā€¦
Diy :
We ride for the love of the hobby and we know the challenges it took to get our machines running. This makes us more patient also because weā€™ve spent hours tinkering in the boards we ride.
Prebuilt :
We ride for the love of the hobby but donā€™t know the challenges itā€™s taken to get to where it is today. This makes us more impatient since for most of our boards we clicked buy and waited 2 weeks and rode. We just ride to be out there riding.

Thatā€™s why I think they didnā€™t wait for you guysā€¦ They just didnā€™t get how it takes that 5 minutes to get ready and have fun and ride fast. They just know itā€™s gonna work and if there is a problem they call an Uber and email Evolve etc. and itā€™s fixed the next week, no sweatā€¦

1 Like

Hopefully that made sense :joy:

1 Like

Manā€¦ they can have whatever excuse they want. I was raised a little different but I wouldnā€™t leave a person behind while they get their safety gear on. I get you want to ride but I want to liveā€¦im done going on evolve rides. Just gonna do my own once or twice a month with the sd diy guys. Not gonna exclude anyone but definitely not doing too much to invite production boards. And if that means a 3 person group ride so be it!

3 Likes

Yeah, makes sense. Messed up that they left you guysā€¦

Big yes on thisā€¦ out of all the group rides, my favorite was Denver. All of them were great!!! Maybe itā€™s that we all share more than just riding a board.

3 Likes

No boards that are working right now lol. But I will definitely try that once mine is running

1 Like

Man gotta make it out to these now that I moved from the Bay Area. Gotta get off my ass and finish my board though. :rofl:

1 Like

Sorry but im a San Diego transplant. I know nothing avout downtownā€¦ costumed ride through comicon would be dope tho

@anon54720240
There is a coastal bike path that goes north from the convention center along the bay all the way past the airport. Itā€™s a fine ride, about 4-5 miles. No cross traffic. You can make the charge point somewhere in liberty station, Iā€™ll try and scooe out some free plugs if I have time this week.

edit: Harbor island and Shelter Island are also really nice places to stop (perhaps a little too nice for ā€œour typeā€, lol), there are restaurants with amazing views of the downtown skyline from across the bay.

1 Like

Yeah I ride up and down the bay a lot.

Haha, this is our old proving ground

Ohhhh the furrries are coming. Hold my beer

1 Like