[Group Rides] LA / OC / SD - On Going

Chico CA, about 3 1/2 hours north of San Fransisco.

9/7/19
10:30 am
San Diego

Gonna go ride this Saturday since Iā€™m missing out on cannonballā€¦ so if youā€™re in San Diego and want to go ride, lets meet up! I was thinking doing this little loop me and @RedBaron found. Its a hidden bike path on the resort that leads into a beach parking lot and back to the strand. We could end up in IB near the beach for some ice cream :grimacing:(itā€™s pretty good lil ice cream shop). Anyways, this is not set in stone so if you have a different idea and are is SD, let me know!!!

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be there!!
@iamasalmon you might wanna come

Where we meeting?
I want to go to SF but Iā€™m getting more and more nervous leaving my super-pregnant wife alone for that longā€¦ a local ride might be the fix I need.

Most likely 2 wheel boutiqueā€¦ although i may scope out a different starting place that may be a little longer, starting right at the beginning of the bike path of the strand. I will let you know for sure by the end of the day

1690 W Frontage Rd, Chula Vista, CA 91911
Start 10:30 am
San diego trading company is a good place to start. It is the very beginning of the strand. Later tonight im going to see how far the whole ride is

Are we going to charge up in Coronado?

@Indomie :eyes:

Jim is a madman, @Mikenopolis
https://www.instagram.com/p/B19idveA3_S/?igshid=2d5kk6dsrsgr

4 Likes

More info like where we charging at?

Not yetā€¦gonna ride out tonight or tomorrow morning. May not be a place to charge. Ride isnt super long but I will check out for youā€¦

1 Like

Thanks, what about that ice cream?

Cow-a-bunga ice cream and coffee!!! There is actually no starbucks to charge up or anything on the beach. Everything is small business there. Makes it hard to find a place to charge up

1 Like

Are we not going to make it all the way to Coronado?

There is a outlet inside the ice cream shop. I ask them and they have me the okay to charge my girl scooter in there on labor day.

2 Likes

Nah. Me and @RedBaron found hidden path that has a tunnel and loops back around

1 Like

17miles round trip if your starting from where you mention. I live in IB and ride the strand a lot.

From the start to the ice cream shop or the whole loop at lowes?

Starting from the Entrance from main street to Coronado boat house is 8 1/2 miles. Then you would have to walk to the ice cream shop because of Coronado law where you canā€™t bike or skate on the side walk. Then riding back is 8 1/2miles give or take if you decide to ride around the tunnel to the beach side.

1 Like

Wasnt planning to go to coronadoā€¦ just to the pedestrian tunnel and loop back, stopping at the ice cream shop in imperial beach and back to main