[Group Rides] LA / OC / SD - On Going

Agreed. Riding with the Evolve guys are a bit meh. OC has great trails but I don’t lead well nor plan routes well as I normally just go 7 miles in one direction turn around and go back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@esk8 @370HSSV & Jacob. You guys wanna set up a ride in Irvine? (Sunday please!)

1 Like

Jacob is building a 12p pack to supply his 4wd. I only have my mtb right now with 444watt hour battery while I use 38 watt hour per mile…

But I am definitely down for a ride in Irvine.

For now I found those 2 trails(10 miles each ) pretty nice to cruise around. I usually go slow(below 20mph ) trying not to scare pedestrians especially kids and dogs. I like those trails because there is literally no red lights.

I agree with you that riding with the Evolve guys is a bit meh cause they usually go super aggressive and long ride and do a lot of stuff just for the cameras. I am a middle aged man I am too old for those.

Anyways rides in Irvine is totally cool and I am down.

1 Like

This is interesting, I will have to look this up. Haven’t ridden there before

I ride both those beautiful trails. Personally there are too many people and dogs when I ride them. I’ll looki into San Diego Creek trail loops.

2 Likes

I’m available August 11th or 18th (Sundays). Who wants to ride? Not going to post this on LAESK8 or SD crew

OC peeps, I drew out a loop, 7.25 mile, we would be on the street “trail” for a bit on Jeffery, I think I counted a total of three street crossings? otherwise it’s all trails

We can park/meet at:
Bill Barber Memorial Park
4 Civic Center Plaza, Irvine, CA 92606

@esk8 when I ride the Open Space Trail, I go all the way to the end at Portola Way, cross the street to the right, it enters into Hicks, then pop out on Irvine Blvd and head back up on the street to get back into the middle of Open Space trail to ride back

@370HSSV when you guys have your longer range boards done let’s do the trail all the way to Newport Beach…and back

1 Like

Cool I will be there. Irvine bike lanes and trails are the best I’ve ever seen.

What time works better for you on Sunday?

Any time as long as wife doesn’t have plans :sweat_smile:

1 Like

LOL I still have to ask my wife if the 11th or 18th is free.

Hell yeah. I am in. Pretty sure I can do 7.5 miles no problem. I’d prefer early morning or late late afternoon, as the day time are too hot to ride.

Understood. I will also ditch you guys in a heartbeat if wife says anything.

1 Like

early? I ride at 5/6am on Saturdays before the family gets up and I’m trapped at karate classes, swimming and art classes with the kid for the rest of the day :rofl:

Let’s plan for August 18th…5:30pm?

3 Likes

Yep, sounds good to me.

Decided to check mileage on some other routes I’ve ridden. Future OC rides :wink: I will miss turns and get lost though :rofl:

Shady Canyon Loop - (9.17 miles - Starts with a big hill)

Jeffery Open Space Trail “Loop” - (10.51 miles total)

Bill Barber Park to Newport Beach - 7.48 miles ONE WAY (14.96 mile total)

Bill Barber Park, Walnut Creek Trail & Harvard Street Trail Loop (12 miles total)

2 Likes

Looks like I desperately need to get my battery ready for street board… hopefully real soon…

1 Like

my 10s6p skull board was supposed to be an AT board, but I’m having second thoughts since range would suffer.

2 Likes

yep, no one wants range anxiety… I used to think my 4p is enough. Apparently not any more.

1 Like

Wait so the ride you have for the 11th or 18th, you don’t need offroad wheels for it right?

Or do you

This looks like a nice ride