[Group Rides] LA / OC / SD - On Going

Yeah, 20mph I think…

Wow that is the dumbest thing I have seen from SD cops in a while. I thought me getting a police report for driving an RC car in my neighborhood was bad lol.

3 Likes

PFF what? How did you manage that? Gas powered?

You think Jim will sue the police department?

Sue them for what?

According to the Michael Vu guy on YouTube

“According to the American with Disabilities Act, the disabled guy is legally allowed to ride basically any electric mobility device anywhere. So the San Diego police department can now be sued for violating ADA rules.”

I don’t think so because a lawyer would have to take on the case (at a cost). He’ll probably get the uni back. the more important thing is that the police understands the law and Jim needs to tone down his riding style because the police can still get him for recklessness on the boardwalk.

3 Likes

Jim does ride pretty hard.

I can’t believe they called that big ass truck for an euc… They keep trying to add more gas tax because of shit like this. This is one of the supporting reasons why I toned my life down and moved onto a sailboat. When the system falls because of incompetent spending and corruption, I’m out.

Sucks Jim has to go through all that hassle but if his riding style is that aggressive, I can see why they would have it out for him. If he tones it down and they still harass him then yeah, fuck the police.

7 Likes

I’ve seen that guy weaving in and out of traffic pretty bad up garnet. Cops suck, but I’m not sure dude is fully innocent.

4 Likes

Fair enough, Garnet is a busy place, didn’t know there was backstory here.

Also not saying it was right to take his ride, just saying he may have a bit of fault in it.

2 Likes

Thats the exact point Inwas trying to make. Ive seen him tear it up on group rides but I dont think that will fly in a crowded area

3 Likes

Was this during Comic Con? Was it a green board with Psychotiller Sixshooters? Was that person wearing a Black TSG Pass helmet? Could have been me. :grin:

3 Likes

I was too far to see that kind of detail,heh. Cool! You ride that trail often that early? That’s usually about the time I’m riding the other way to work✌️

Back on topic. OC RIDE

Parking location
https://goo.gl/maps/xoJ2jLeAcFyfUw6K7

Damn. I wanna go. Too long for my little 444watt hour battery…

1 Like

What’s the route?

I would have no idea. Evolve Joe’s ride.

I can’t make any Saturday group rides until December :unamused:

2 Likes

Im good on evolve group rides. I can feel the same kind of camaraderie riding on my own. Instead I’ll stick the our little sd crew we are forming. So far it’s four of us that usually ride together. @redbaron and I have been riding quite a bit! My goal is to come up with several great SD to routes… eventually it would be nice to have our own “Esk8 maps”. Pre-made routes that have charge friendly locations, food stops and information so a person knows if it is thane friendly or if they need a big battery. That way when people visit SD, they have several rides they can take and enjoy great views

6 Likes