[Group Rides] LA / OC / SD - On Going

All paved roads. I don’t do off road stuff…yet.

That route has some pretty good scenery.

are you planning to come up for these rides?

1 Like

Hmm I wonder if I can make it up there for that, looks like fun

1 Like

If it wasn’t for having a family now, I would drive down to SD every weekend to ride with you guys. I love SD

2 Likes

It is pretty great :slight_smile: family first though

One of these days I will do an SD group ride lol

3 Likes

OC Group Ride
Sunday August 18, 2019 5:00PM
Roll out at 5:30pm.

Bring lights if you wanna keep riding after dark or to abide by AB604 rules.

Park and meet at Bill Barber Park
4 Civic Center Plaza, Irvine, CA 92606
(FYI. this is right next to the Police Department)
https://goo.gl/maps/yS8t7NCSv8DeUYfM7

@thisguyhere @Jansen @mccloed @Psychotiller @Arzamenable @Bigkid (just an FYI. not sure who is around)

2 Likes

I might just be able to schedule my work travel to join you :grin:! How long is the ride distance?

2 Likes

7.25 miles if I don’t lead you guys the wrong way. :rofl: we should schedule rides for when you are in CA! You can borrow my board if you don’t wanna travel with yours. You break it you buy it though :joy:

2 Likes

Dude, that would be awesome! I’ll keep you in the loop as my travel comes. I usually have to go every other week.

Way down, hells yeah, thanks @Mikenopolis I will def be there so long as i am not at my house in Lake Havasu and on the lake. Which I don’t think I will be going back out till Labor Day so consider me there. Can’t wait.

Haven’t looked it up yet but never heard of that park. Hey have you ever ridden at the “Great Park”… someone was telling me it;s legit the other day, never been there myself yet.

Never rode at Great Park but been there a few times. It’s a sports park so lots of games going on on weekends. The surrounding is just street bike lanes. Within the park it’s very new smooth asphalt.

How big is it really though @Mikenopolis (serious question). I juust feel that Every time i go to a new place to ride and I think it sounds or looks plenty big (in pics / online) it’s not. Just easy to cover a lot of ground very quickly when you cruising at 20-30 mph I suppose… lol

Just creep’d pics on google maps and have some questions @Mikenopolis only cuase ive never been there in person and don’t feel like digging and reading a bunch atm. LOL. Great park actually looks like it would be pretty fun to ride at, just when its next to empty without games and shit going on. Is it gated or can you go there anytime? Do you have any idea how late lights stay on if there are lights? Or what days/times there aren’t a million people there playing sports? Im assuming early morning or late night… or maybe mid-day m-f when kids are in school? Just curious. LMK what you know… :kissing_heart:

Not gated from what I can tell. But they do “close” at 10pm. Pretty open and empty the few times I’ve been around there with my daughter just to fly kites and bike. Esk8 covers a lot of land so I stick with long trails that goes on for miles instead of parks which is like 2-5 blocks. The great park is pretty big and there is a trail but once again esk8 makes it small if you know what I mean. Maybe I’ll go skate it to check it out skatability

2 Likes

I’ll check my schedule for the 18th. We have ridden great park before. Not so great in my opinion. If no one was there it would probably be really fun.

1 Like

little update in terms of the parking area for the OC Aug,18th ride. Park in this lot, it has access to the trail, we are going left if you arrive after we ride off.

1 Like

Group ride this Sunday, anyone?

https://www.ciclavia.org

think it’s a bit out of your area tho.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think I can make it to LA, why don’t you guys come here?

1 Like

Riding with @Mikenopolis Sunday in OC…

1 Like

After December I’ll be more free to drive (3 hours round trip) for a ride.

@thisguyhere Is CicLAvia cracking down on electric vehicles now?

2 Likes