GRIZZLY | Trampa HS11 | 12s6p 30Q | 170kv 6374 | Vertigo | E-TOXX Helical mini | dual FOCBOX

i barely get the front up from my board, your jumps are impressive.

1 Like

@Creavenger here is a pic with 2 focboxes mountedā€¦

6 Likes

Looks great, pm

Thanks man! Im sure the bouncy trampa deck helps a bit in my case as well :wink:

You did that already in the GIF, next goal? Ah sorry the log is missing :face_with_monocle:

Joking aside, looks good! You could lay down a small branch so you can practice the correct timing and speed. After that you can lay down soft objects.

Iā€™m waiting for OG DanSkates to enter this forum, he should be here soon. 2 years ago the S.K.A.T.E Challenge started but was interrupted. It was about learning new tricks which was funny.

You could catch up! This is me after less than 1 year riding MTB

I often do ollies because itā€™s much easier and safer to clear objects (and it feels better).

If you want to practice higher jumps then start with a small natural dirt kicker and increase the speed step by step to get a feeling for the behaviour of the board especially in the air. It is important to increase the height in very tiny steps otherwise it can hurt. After a while when you feel safe you can start active jumping which means you additionally lift the board like in your GIF or ollie.

This is the height after 2 years MTB. Now I ride since 3 years but still canā€™t jump higher because this is the limit in this dirt park (canā€™t ride faster). Want to increase height this year in bigger parks.

Yeah and watch this video, it helped me.

8 Likes

If you still hit thermal throttling, see if you can still get a 3dservisas dual focbox enclosure somewhere. I can open up throttle full at 80A (160 total) and the only thing that will slow me down is my motors on a climb.

1 Like

Damn dude thats some very helpfull info, you nailed it. Gonna check it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the heatsink in contact with outside air though?

Yes, itā€™s on the tail of my trampa attached with strong velcro to a TPU printed plate. I would never place a vesc in an enclosed space for a mountain board.

1 Like

Yeah thats the issue, I just have a small hole for the heatsink to touch the air. I have to say the alu plate I use now is already an improvement. And I will get neoboxes soon and add a cpu 40x40mm heatsink so I think ill be fine then.

1 Like

I see. Downside of a tidy build. Mine is a mess of wires, but gets going with old hardware :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got some secondhand heelstraps for a good price, used them on an abandoned golf course today. Definitely feel more confident now and dayum the course grass is awesome to shred on.

10 Likes

Jumping progress

9 Likes

We should bring back the S.K.A.T.E challenge Richā€¦ Iā€™m down to get involved

@Creavenger heel straps :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Great idea! Would be good practise :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Looking good there mate. Just need to work on popping off the back for a bit more, but your jump is looking pretty dang smooth!

Canā€™t wait to get mine finished and join in. Fingers crossed I get my compensation payout next month. Then itā€™ll be full steam ahead.

Keep sharing your jump progress, itā€™s helping me to keep my eyes on the prize.

3 Likes

What does the SKATE challenge involve on these boards?

1 Like

As above in @rich videos, some one lays a challenge down then you have a set time to upload a clip of you doing it then the next challenge gets set and we do it all over again. Ollie, nollie, 180, slides, manual etc

4 Likes

Like Rich say, where is DanSkates from the older forum ?! No one in touch with him ??

What Rich already post above :wink:

Hope to get a new eMTBoard/aATBoard soon enough !! :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I had a conversation with him on youtube 2 weeks ago, I just told him the second time to join this forum :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Creavenger jumping looks good. Just try to jump off a bit earlier to be prepared for bigger logs. And try to increase speed then things get easier. When I started to jump/ollie up curbs I often hit the curb with the rear truck/wheels because of too less speed. You need some balls and then you are ready. The best speed is when itā€™s too fast to abort the jump therefore the balls. The real bottleneck in jumping is your head, if you canā€™t imagine the trick/jump donā€™t do it. After getting used to jump with both feet try to ollie, you can clear bigger objects compared to lifting both feet at once.

8 Likes