GRIZZLY | Trampa HS11 | 12s6p 30Q | 170kv 6374 | Vertigo | E-TOXX Helical mini | dual FOCBOX

Nice recruiting, @rich ! Let me know if he joins and I’ll get him fixed up.

3 Likes

Thanks Rich! Still working on the timing, will increase the objects and speeds incrementally untill I get more confident. I already say your ollie videos, after I got the basic jumping down I will indeed start with the ollie jump :slight_smile: I’m definitely taking it easy because I dont want to end up with injuries haha

And nice finding him on YT, hope he joins so we can get this going

3 Likes

Good start :smiley: :+1: I’m really not good at it, but I try it some times …
Like Rich say one more time, I’m missing this (like you will see in the hide details) :

haha.
You’re already definitely better than me at me beginning mate !

it was funny ...

I was looking for some vids to send to Lee for the esk8new video, I just rewatch last night my 1sts start jumping session ^^ ! (I was trying riding switch too, jump a sidewalk :sweat_smile: sliding or even invisible one (!), starting with burn or wheelie, etc.)

https://youtu.be/cZ0i37joJM0

https://youtu.be/ZykoBTZqlO0

https://youtu.be/cYIV3bAmnbo

2 Likes

Thanks! Looks like you got some skills aswell though, throwing the board to the side/drifting looks awesome :slight_smile: I find it quite difficult tbh. If we all do the skate challenge in the future we can improve our shredding together :love_you_gesture:

And cool video’s btw

1 Like

I can’t imagine the NHS would be too happy with you being all fucked up due to boarding at a time like this! :joy:

1 Like

Yeah definitely true :rofl: Ill take care that I dont get hurt :wink:

1 Like

What pushed you to upgrade from the sk8 ?

2 Likes

I thought one of them had a broken hall sensor, checked all the cabling at the time and didnt find a problem. However, the other day I was actually inspecting the sensor cables again and found out one of the sensor cables got loose under the heatshrink. Haven’t tested them yet but im pretty sure it was just the bad cable. Will probably use them in another build or so. Anyway the sk8’s both started to sound pretty beat up too, probably the bearings. Plus the 170kv maytechs have more power than the 130kv sk8’s.

For reference Ive used them for about 1000 km

1 Like

If only maytech made some 130/140KV motors :frowning:

3 Likes

Custom GB :wink:

1 Like

They do but only with 10 mm axles atm as far as I know.

Overion 130kv 10mm axle: https://www.overion.fr/produit/moteur-brushless-overion-6374-130-kv-sensored/

And bioboards will soon (in a month or so) release their 6396 140kv motors, also 10mm axle.

4 Likes

I believe that GB was cancelled due to bioboards releasing the 140kv soon

3 Likes

First ride with the neoboxes went great!

Also look at this german Flugabwehrgeschütze :smirk::rofl:
At least I think it used to be a WW2 anti air settlement

11 Likes

:thinking: should work :ok_hand::joy:

11 Likes

It would be great spot for some jumping and freestyling, Im just not keen on smashing into heavily reinforced german concrete with my body :rofl: Maybe one day though :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:rofl: that’s a good reason :rofl:

3 Likes

You make me regret I sold my MTB with those pics. :heart_eyes: Maybe I should build another one. :thinking:

5 Likes

Yeah a mtb is awesome I literally never use my street board anymore :rofl: And you should :smirk:

3 Likes

Go and get a Haero. :wink:

3 Likes

Upgraded the neobox mounting/cooling situation a few days ago, did the first test ride today. Cooling is minimally affected, mainly due to the mounting plates being in contact with the lid side of the neobox and not the thick heatsink case part, which means heat transfer is not optimal. However, I rode a similar route to which I normally do and the avg temp was down about 4 degrees overall which is not very significant but its something I guess. Also have to do more rides to see if it actually runs a bit cooler.

Had a very nice ride today

I do notice some parts of the board are starting to make (unwanted) sounds now. Probably after a lot of hard riding and jumping :sweat_smile:. I can hear some light clicking or rubbing/grinding. Sound is coming mostly from the trucks and wheel bearings. Guess the wheel bearings are up for a change since they have run for about 1500 km. I probably have to check the truck shoulder bolt or the bushings because they make a squeeky sound on both trucks. Furthermore one geardrive is making a slight rubbing sound, not sure what that is about since everything was tightened and locked properly, plus backlash was set on point. Checked the pinion for movement on the motor axle by rocking the wheel but its still rock solid. Guess ill do some checking in the weekend.

12 Likes