Good Deals Thread

What are peoples thoughts about the Kaly XL2. I have never had a gear drive. Not sure how the Kaly ones are. Also, I have heard Kaly is not the most reliable vendor.

3 Likes

I offered, but he explicitly refuses any payment through the integrated solution on the website or PayPal. He wants a direct bank transfer off the platformā€¦

hell no dude, never trust anyone going off platform for payment

4 Likes

Yeah I really donā€™t understand why he doesnā€™t want to through the pay securely option. Its still a bank transferā€¦

1 Like

red-glag

9 Likes

I believe that there is a misunderstanding on his partā€¦ I think he thinks that kleinanzeigen is owned by ebay and paypal and the pay securely option goes through paypal anyway or something like that. I tried explaining that this isnā€™t the case but im left on seen i believe. Its possible that the person got busy as well.

But yeah, im not sending that kind of money via direct bank transfer.

1 Like

Battery construction is stuck in the past. Using 2018 battery standards, meaning its sorta just built like shit by our modern standards. Itā€™s an okay board :person_shrugging:

Is it a fire hazard? not really. Is it built to last? absolutely not.

3 Likes

You canā€™t pay with paypal via the secure payment option.

Itā€™s just credit card or bank transfer/wire that goes through Kleinanzeigen as the security middleman until everything is alright. The only reason he would refuse the secure payment option is because otherwise You as the buyer can make use of its protection system or because he has total freedom to send you a piece of turd without fear of a charge back.

I wouldnā€™t buy it

1 Like

I agree unless you can somehow do a bank transfer via a credit card so you would be able to get your money back still. credit card companies are good at handling fraud. Why banks donā€™t offer the same level of protection Iā€™ll never understand.

1 Like

Not only this but Ernesto IMO grew too fast too quick. He shouldnā€™t sell boards that arenā€™t ready to ship out because heā€™s still basically a one man show. That is why you see extremely mixed feedback from his buyers. People that catch him/ manage to buy during a not so busy time will get great help/support and possibly a good quality board. But if you get him during a busy time good luck. You might not hear anything for months and months. You then in turn see large numbers of brand new boards with issues.

You can honestly even see this on the Kaly Facebook group there will be a week of people super happy fawning over their boards then weeks of people clamoring for support unable to contact him. Currently there is pretty long thread of someone not getting their XLR they ordered almost a year ago getting fed up and Ernesto not replying to his requests for a refund.

2 Likes

Yeahhh just give me the parts Iā€™ll do it myself, thankssss

1 Like

Refund WAS agreed upon late May, but hasnā€™t been fulfilled. Im privy to all parts and proofs of this as it is my local homie. Shit is whack

5 Likes

Sounds like Kaly is a business I would like to avoid.

3 Likes

Because itā€™s work, attracts stupid customers thatā€™ll make your life to hell if you donā€™t immediately do a chargeback, even if itā€™s been 3 years since he sent the money.

Can someone resend the link for the cheap filament
Think it was esun or sunlu or something

Thanks

I love mine. Still takes my 200lbs 17 miles and the battery is almost 4 years old.

yeah mayor red flag, would not buy. eBay kleinanzeigen offers a direct bank transfer (SEPA) that has nothing to do with paypal, so if he still wonā€™t do it itā€™s either a scam or he doesnā€™t understand it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure it was sunlu - you could also just do a word search in this thread to doublecheck

1 Like

Tried to do a search but couldnā€™t find results

Will try again

Thanks

He arrived yesterday, they werenā€™t joking about fast free EU shipping. Running a first test print now, but man itā€™s nice having it arrive fully assembled and even with a leveled bed

Update: Iā€™m very very happy I went for this! I havenā€™t been able to get hands on with anyone elseā€™s printer setup so even just having another point of comparison feels worth it, but having that second reference point be a factory complete and ā€œcalibratedā€ package is very valuable on top of having two prints on the go at the same time. Itā€™s a good day in the shiteside household

5 Likes