Good Deals Thread

:eyes:
ā€œi dont need it i dont need it i dont need it i dont need it i dont need itā€

3 Likes

Ay nice. He told me this:

ā€œI just checked the board and it seems like the back left motor is stuttering a little. It still works at full capacity, but stutters when a little when braking.ā€

Ever experienced anything like this?

I thought I broke my setup after I didnā€™t tighten the hubs cone washer down enough. I hit the accel too hard and it slipped and the only thing that stopped it was the motor wires :flushed:

Spinning the wheels up on the bench made a weird stutter on one side like the motor was onnnnn off onnnnn off onnnnn off. Turns out I had left unlimited mode on and it was just slowing itself down naturally lol

2 Likes

I too thought a 36" evo would be too small (Iā€™m 6ft tall and all legs) but with correct baseplates it is by far my most stable board over 30mph and very responsive for quick turns and carving. Love that thing!! Also prefer narrower trucks on that one, using 176mm surfrodz with 35Ā°front and 45Ā°rear. Other decks are a Killswitch and a hummie for reference

2 Likes

Not the same hub motors, but mine currently has a similar issue on one motor. For mine it is a sensor issue that I havenā€™t bothered to attempt fixing/ looking at closer. With no load, the motor has no stuttering but when you are on it itā€™ll randomly have stuttering issues which are sometimes enough to limit top speed and other times itā€™ll have little to no issues with top speed but you can feel it being cogged down before it can reach the top speed.

I donā€™t think it is a hard issue to fix but just got tired of fixing that motor and havenā€™t bothered to work on it again.

1 Like

Whoops! :grimacing: Any obvious downsides to overtightening (guess most who bought these donā€™t have a torque wrench)?

1 Like

My go to tightening method is to spin the wheel while tightening and when it starts to slow the wheel down, back the nut off a tiny bit. That did not work for these.

Then I cranked it down with the included little skate tool at like 9/10 strength and the hub didnā€™t lose much freeroll. Iā€™d be cautious using a long socket wrench though.

2 Likes

What trucks are these hub motors compatible with?

I can measure the inner diameter of one and see but they just have to slide over the hanger to fit. Iā€™ve had them on paris v2s.

1 Like

Can confirm they work with sr tkps as well. As long as the hanger isnā€™t chonky, should be a good fit.

Landyachtz has a moving day sale, 20-30% off and free shipping above 100$ for all US orders:

8 Likes

Why are all the cool skate shops in the US god damn

4 Likes

tenor

6 Likes

LandYachtz is actually in Vancouver, Canada

1 Like

giphy

2 Likes

Molicels on sale for Labor Day

12 Likes

60V 5A bench power supply for $67.91. Usually is $80+

5 Likes

Splattergoat doing a BOGO, grab your grip tapes!

7 Likes

We get cheaper LI-onā€™s, we get cheaper Li-onā€™s There There

1 Like

You can do great buy on HK now. I bought motors in 50% sale. Maybe it will help All who would like buy motors too

1 Like