Good Deals Thread

Paid $54 for a set of Clevers with tubes… One of them was a bit wobbly but the seller is sending me an entire new set for the cost of shipping. Seems like a good vendor/price.

side note do I have those oriented correctly? always confusing for me getting the tread pointed forward

3 Likes

12 ft kreb

20 Likes

If only it was 1/2 raccoon

2 Likes

spongebob-i-dont-need-it

3 Likes

No, those are backwards. A super easy way to tell is that the tread pattern should point forwards when you are looking at the wheel from the top of your board (i.e. when your tires are sitting on the ground).

However…

It REALLY does not matter on esk8 tires. Insofar as treads are to help eject water from the path of the rolling tire to prevent hydroplaning, that’s not a concern for us. Our tires have a small enough contact patch that you would have to be going like 200kph over a puddle to even have a chance of hydroplaning, and that would be with slicks (no tread).

I dont recall where I read that, but it seems plausible to me. I think it was an article about bike tires and whether they need treads to avoid hydroplaning.

3 Likes

Would the treads on an esk8 have more to do with helping grab traction on non-asphalt ground like dirt, grass etc? Not that those are big knobby tires designed for such ground, but for quick stints off the street.

1 Like

Does not matter. Or rather, it does not make a difference. If you want more grip, get offroad tires. They don’t even have that much worse economy compared to street tires if you get those with a line in the middle of the tread.

3 Likes

Go for it, you won’t find a better deck for a 8wd build

3 Likes

this is worth posting again – $45 for a set of clevers with tubes, and they replaced the wobbly ones free of charge. took em out today, stable asf at 40mph

5 Likes

noticed these have alot less meat compared to legit kendas

1 Like

yeah, we’ll see how they fare long term

super happy with them so far tho – these are the most balanced pneumies I’ve ever ridden, they’re smooth asf

1 Like

Purchased! I bought a set ages ago and liked em, just needed a bit of incentive and that price is a perfect reason LOL

1 Like

lil clip riding with em earlier

1 Like

Does anyone have an M boards coupon?

2 Likes

There wouldn’t happen to be a similar 150x50 version of these would there? Just got a flat on my 6" evolve tires

2 Likes

well, they’ll fit, but they’re 8" tires

3 Likes

Prooooobably not gonna have clearance on my board with 8" haha

2 Likes

not from this seller, but there are plenty of options out there

dude why do I always find these deals when I’m broke

someone buy this

2 Likes

Probably because of the deals you found when you had money :moneybag: :laughing:

6 Likes