Good Deals Thread

anyone who order from aliexpress should really have honey plug-in installed

3 Likes

My bois showed up reasonably quickly

8 Likes

Please edjumacate me on this.

1 Like

Are you living under a rock?

Plugin that automatically searches for coupon codes once you’re in the checkout process. Often times it doesn’t find any, except the honey branded ones so basically just using their referral code ^^

2 Likes

It’s a big ‘ol data harvesting scam (that also occasionally gives discount codes)

4 Likes

That’s extremely helpful. Thanks.

3 Likes

You’re welcome!

1 Like

This actually was helpful. Thanks.

2 Likes

go here:

slap that orange button, and get ur data collected by some evil corp, that sometimes give u ok-ish discount

also works on keeping an eye on item prices, especially amazon ones, those are big help

3 Likes

Nice I had to cancel mine because they were out of stock
Good find :call_me_hand:

I got that whole kit. Should be interesting.

2 Likes

Oh tasty, I’d love to get that but I’ve been spending way too much on eskate lately. Are they all D profile axles?

1 Like

Yup, 6374 140kv 10mm D-type, which is my shaft preference.

That has to be bait for Brian, I refuse to believe 10mm D shaft is your go-to

1 Like

I’d avoid honey. Whenever you click an affiliate link to support a YouTuber or anything, it sneakily replaces it with their affiliate link. I believe it doesn’t visibly change the url, so they’re being sneaky about it

Also the data harvesting.

I personally don’t support shitty business practices like this, and honestly honey has never saved me more than like a dollar on AliExpress. I don’t think honey has given me any significant savings, and I’ve sure as hell made them lots of money.

1 Like

Nah, not interested in messing with Brian ATM. But I really do like 10mm D.

3 Likes

i don’t think that’s possible unless the website does not show which discount code u r using, pretty sure it doesn’t work like that in amazon either.

i’ve just saved 9usd on aliexpress for my 105usd order, sure that’s not much, but it actually made the entire order free shipping

if data harvesting is ur concern, u can toggle the honey extension to never check price until u click on the icon

2 Likes

Hopefully we get some good deals this year :thinking:

websites like amazon don’t have affiliate codes, rather the affiliate info is stored in the URL. It just replaces theirs with honey

i don’t think honey can change url address, nor the data packet sent / receive. unless there is a clever trick to mask the honey affiliate url with the one u click on