Go-FOC G300 100V 300A

Was thinking about picking one of these up, but wanted to get a better feel for the size of it, so I modeled it up and 3d printed it out for fun.

https://www.printables.com/model/361523-go-foc-g300

4 Likes

There’s no banana for scale, but does seem to be one chonky boi

1 Like

If anyone has one of these and I willing, to pop the top off of one, I would be interested in seeing the the guts of this thing. Especially since no dyno data or logs seems to have been published yet. It definitely seems nice but has little actual data.

3 Likes

That would be very interesting.

I’m interested in seeing data for this controller as well.

1 Like

Totally, i want to see how the thermals stack up to the Mamba at full beans

2 Likes

@YUTW123

Any PCB pictures you can share?

What mosfet does this use?

3 Likes

17 Likes

WOW lol that’s a lot of beef in there

3 Likes

Bus bars everywhere, ya love to see it

1 Like

I think this is the FET in question

2203031730_HUAYI-HYG015N10NS1TA_C2979263.pdf (453.4 KB)

380A rated, which makes it fukken ridiculous that they have 6 per phase on there :fire:
My math might be wrong cuz this is 3 phase AC or whatever, but that would be 18W of thermal dissapation at 300A. Bonkers.

3 Likes

That 380A rating is theoretical though as it depends on the FET case being at 25°C which is impossible once it starts conducting current. Even the 287A “when hot” current rating requires a huge cooling setup.

Without significant heat sinking you’re limited to about 35A-40A per FET for decently reliable operation and that’s only if no others are nearby. Maybe 30A per FET “in a crowd”. This is why they need six of them in parallel, to spread the heat and lower the overall thermal resistance to help keep the temperatures down.

You’re right though, still lots of heat to get rid of!

6 Likes

So using this at near its rating will require exposing the case to airflow, at least. Good to know

2 Likes

Bit concered about those bulk caps. 100V rated for a 100V DC input :thinking:
Wont be alot of cap left in the higher end. Semi concered about the 105 C rating too :grimacing:

Tbh, I rather pay a few bucks more if it means keeping the 25% voltage headroom on the caps.
Guessing the ceramics are 100V’s as well?

Some headroom on the FETs would be great too.

Besides that, the power layout looks promising :+1:
Looking forward to some bench tests

2 Likes

I mean. Not really 100v rated. It’s meant for 20s (84v) packs, or a bit higher without Regen.

3 Likes

Actually it says 21S on thier shop :man_shrugging:
One nasty little transient and its toast

3 Likes

@YUTW123 its says on your page that it has phase filtering, are the shunts really phase shunts?

Looks very much like low side shunts to me :thinking: (blue is the phase path)

Maybe I’m being abit of an ass, but I’d call it shunt filtering :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It has phase filters and low side shunts.

Here is an example of phase filters from the vesc 6 mk5 schematic

3 Likes

I’m familiar with the mk5 schematic, that does use phase shunts however.

The mk5 uses phase shunts, but phase filters can also be used on low side shunt designs.

The Stormcore and SKP Solo both use phase filters with low side shunts.

Phase filters - used for voltage sensing. Can be used on both phase and low side shunt designs
Current filters - used for current sensing. Should only used on phase shunt designs.

5 Likes