Go-FOC G300 100V 300A

10 Likes

Same form factor as the legit EV controllers, neat.

1 Like

Wow that thing is a beast, up to 21s too

2 Likes

Says it’s based on Vesc 100250 HW. Does this use DRVs?

5 Likes

10 Likes

Finally, I can do the 300 amp 21s 4wd build I’ve been waiting for!

Just kidding, but for real, this is awesome.

9 Likes

Dang, this was exactly what I was looking for / needed when I started my last e-moto build, maybe I’ll order one to replace existing Vesc Controller.

1 Like

No power switch/antispark capability?

2 Likes

electroboom-electric-shock

13 Likes

No DRV chips,

4 Likes

Did not add the power switch,

1 Like

Great specs and good pricing. I really want to order it for another ebike build. Only thing holding me back is lack of a port for a power switch. Spintend and Tronic controllers all have added port for a power button. I want to hit a button and just ride without using a loop key as switch.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s my thought process too. It’s unfortunate

2 Likes

In fact, the G300 reserves the same electric switch as the D75. But because the number of ports is not enough. Need to remove the UART2 port. Choose one of two, UART2 or power switch.

Order note, if you need electric switch…

3 Likes

A few questions before I pull the trigger. There’s no mention on the website description saying there’s Bluetooth on controller. I’m going to assume there is no Bluetooth integrated. I have experience with other VESC builds but I have never used or experienced anything from MakerX.
By eliminating UART port 2 and converting that port to power switch will I lose ability to use Bluetooth or can I wire Bluetooth in parallel into the COMM port? Can I use a UART port separator and maintain Bluetooth functionality as shown in picture?

2 Likes

There is a UART port on COMM. Bluetooth can connect directly.

2 Likes

I have a Ubox dual 100v on a Fiido scooter. I am looking for something that can do 250 phase amps.
In order to use adc throttle , they supply a module that prevents throttle overrun if the control wire is disconnected or damaged. Would the same be necessary here . The module connects to uart and provides connections for throttle and brake cutoff as well as output for brake lights etc. Is there any possibility of adapting something simillar to this vesc. It greatly simplifies the wiring. Unfortunaely it requires 12v input , but that could be solved with a converter.

thanks

1 Like

You can use the ADC version 2 adapter they sell on Spintend site on pretty much any Vesc. I have that adapter currently running on my Tronic 250. I run a step down convertor connected to an on/off switch from my 72v battery into the 12v input on the adapter. I have full functionality of Regen, brake lights, tail lights and horn running from the adapter. It works great. I don’t see any reason why it can’t work with new MakerX G300 as long as you have the ability to make additional harnesses. I keep a small batch of them on my shelf for all VESC installs.

1 Like

You’ve got me thinking. What about using 5v from the vesc to trigger a relay which powers the step down. That way one switch would do the whole shebang.

1 Like

I think @JoeyZ5 made something like this