Go-FOC G300 100V 300A

You’ve got me thinking. What about using 5v from the vesc to trigger a relay which powers the step down. That way one switch would do the whole shebang.

1 Like

I think @JoeyZ5 made something like this

I did except it died with my step down converter

1 Like

One more question. Would using two vescs require both to have a tap for the power switch or could the master control power to the second through can bus.

thanks

3 Likes

@YUTW123 is the limit for the G300 unit 150,000eRPM like other 100/250 designs? And can it work with inrunners?

see this post for esc comparison questions. No drv, 150k capable. I’ll eat my hat if it doesn’t work with inrunners.

@YUTW123 can you post torture testing video at 21s and telemetry?

I’m waiting for the next eastern holiday sales special for dual 75200s, or maybe I get lucky with with an interesting 4x g300 sale. (:melting_face:)

4 Likes

Already ordered and have a build to stick it into as soon as it arrives :smiley:

2 Likes

Send me one too

1 Like

Just finished installing this GoFOC 300. So far results are amazing. MOSFET never went past 50 degrees and motor temp sensor actually works with my 5000w hub.
I set the motor amps to 320 amps and it was lifting the front wheel. Very impressed with the amount of power this thing puts out in such a compact size. I installed it on an S73 RX and took some photos next to a pack of cigarettes so you can reference the size.

14 Likes

Dang nice! You’ll have to let us know what the power is like

3 Likes

Sweet, what was the power draw like to get it to 50 degrees?

2 Likes

I had it set to 320 amps and pushed the controllers pretty hard on a 20 minute test ride. Controller stays nice and cool. Motor overheated before the vesc did but I still haven’t added Statorade fluid to the hub. The times that it came close to 50 degrees…the G300 would cool down very quickly.

6 Likes

@YUTW123 can 2 (or 4) of these be tethered via CAN for esk8 applications?

Also, is the Nov. 30th batch in stock and shipping currently?

1 Like

Yes you can connect multiple G300 via CAN.

In stock

5 Likes

Does it have IMU?

3 Likes

No IMU build-in.

2 Likes

G300. Please use version 5.03 firmware. The new 6.0 firmware has problems ABS current error and unstable duty cycle in my test.

4 Likes

please dont sit on power electronics(if thats the final position), theres some fresh studdies that sudgest DNA anomalies caused by high power magnetic fields. (cab driver sitting close to a high power cable in an EV over few years ended up with cancer in his ass cheeks, is the case study).

Sounds like tin foil hat propaganda I know… But so far it looks real. (que the EV recalls :joy: )

2 Likes

Firmware 6.00 sets the MAX_ABS_CURRENT during motor detection to 1.5x the estimated motor current max. This may be too low and can be manually increased.

Older versions used the value specified in the .h file for that hardware.

1 Like

The seat goes ontop. Controller is mounted on bottom side with a thin polycarbonate cover protecting it from any road debris. Controller is placed there for picture reference only

2 Likes