🌴 Go-FOC DV6 / PRO <High Current Dual ESC >

Did a test ride on the mountain board build and oh my gosh the esc is amazing.

6 Likes

What setting u running at? hows the thermal?

I run 100/-80 phase 60/-60 battery per side and have yet to throttle. Im pretty fond of it.

4 Likes

I’m running 75/-75 phase and max battery amp my batteries can put out. The board just wants to go fast lol as for thermal, I’ll let you know when it hits throttling.

1 Like

I am having some issues using vesc_tools 3.0, after connection I see the following message:

The connected VESC has old, but mostly compatible firmware. This is fine if your setup works properly.

Check out the firmware changelog (from the help menu) to decide if you want to use some of the new features that have been added after your firmware version. Keep in mind that you only should upgrade firmware if you have time to test it after the upgrade and carefully make sure that everything works as expected.

When I select “Firmware”, I see “60” for Hardware version and “VESC_default.bin”, after uploading this to “All”, when I reconnect I see the same message as above.

This would be fine but I am unable to setup the Input using the connection wizard. It is telling me I need to use the latest firmware first.

Question: How can I install the latest firmware (version 5.02)?

Also I did save my original configuration by going to the menu “ConfBackup” and saving it and then restoring it after updating the firmware, which seem to be version 5.01 (already install), but I think the VESC tool is looking for version 5.02

One other thing I notice after I do an “Auto connect” I am told I am connected, but in limited mode? I never seen this before.

1 Like

This appears to be a recurring problem with the new vesc tool, best take it to a vesc tool thread rather than here as I don’tbelieve this problem is hardware specific.

4 Likes

Thanks I went back to the previous version I had and it’s all working fine.

1 Like

Read my post about installing the bootloader before doing an update. It fixes that issue.

“I usually just install the bootloader since that is somewhat the cause at times. Happened to me on my retro. It said it wasn’t updated so I hit the bootloader and it worked.”

1 Like

Been riding mine for about 3 weeks now. Let me recap a lil bit

This VESC is a friggin monster. I weigh 90kg, that’s about 190 pounds, and I was able to ride uphill on pneumatic wheels at a 50% incline at 50km/h or 32mph for a whole kilometre and ended up with just 47 celsius on my Go FOC. I’m pretty sure I won’t ever need an ESC stronger than this that dissipates heat as well, very pleased.

Big plus for all the connectors that came with the esc, no integrated button though so I just made a loop key (which is the smarter thing to do ANYWAYS). Overall, a solid A+ grade VESC after 500km or 310miles of aggressive riding. Will update if anything’s wrong.

11 Likes

If I have a suspect unit. (one of the first) is it worth sending somewhere for inspection?

2 Likes

I can confirm that it is no problem. I run two MakerX Mini FOC Plus on 8S4P with 60A battery and 2 sensored 100kV hub motors in FOC. Nice and silent and even starts without kick push: Capt. Jack’s Arrow

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!

3 Likes

I gave my MakerX a hell of a beating today over serious forest terrain and it performed flawlessly. The Metr pro didn’t pick up all the route for some reason, still figuring out why that is.

5 Likes

My DV6 is about to be delivered, so I’m pretty hyped. My DV4 performed great, but I needed the newer vesc architecture for 12S and >60k ERPM.

(didnt mean to mention u MTB2019 whoops)

3 Likes

Did you ever get your suspect unit figured out?

2 Likes

No, no reply to my email and nothing here.

1 Like

Shit really :cry:. That sucks. I’ve just had a Mini FOC plus repaired. I had a few DMs on here and in the end decided it best I send back for repair. I’m waiting on it’s return but have been told it’s repaired.

1 Like

It would depend on what you meant by suspect. If anything hardware related, it would be by the Maker himself.

1 Like

If im remembering correctly, his DV6 cuts out when he lands during jumps. Maybe the doublestack PCB shorting on the heatsink or just a wonky solder joint, either way I think @YUTW123 owes him an email at least.

1 Like

I’m still stuck with 4 units. Shopping cart mistake. I emailed within 1 minute but still 4 were charged and sent back.

Crickets . I really don’t want the extra 3. I started a charge back but now I can’t find the card/ place where I did this.

So. If anyone wants one or marker x wants to arrange something like they said they would months ago…
kevingraehl@gmail.com 4153412281

Or if not,. I’ll be selling on here for a loss. Probably $140 each

6 Likes