Gear Drives for Hypertrucks?

Im currently looking at switching gear drives for my Hypertrucks, I currently have Moon drives but with the discontinuation of them, its only a matter of time before something breaks and I have no replacement parts. I also have been having issues with them not clamping on the truck super well, and the spacing being off so the pulley rubs the case housing. I know that Boardnamics has some, and I think newbee does as well, but I was wondering what other options were on the market that people have experience with. I also know of the Falcon ones but id rather spend that amount.

2 Likes

Rather not spend that amount

That’s about it for within that budget.

If you go outside that you can do 3dservisas finality AT.

I don’t know if @3DServisas is doing the finality HD for hyper trucks this year.

Edit:
Here’s what finality AT is like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CceWuk5prjP/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

They are very solid. I have the biggest one which sorta sucks for everyday use since I can’t reallly roll the board on the back wheels with the OE hubs. I have the prototype big boy ones that use scooter 8.5in tires which are awesome!

2 Likes

Id buy anything over the Falcons. You could probably buy two pairs of anything at the cost of one set of falcons lol.

Boardnamics are imo the best bang for your buck.
Newbee’s stuff is brand new for hypertrucks i believe. Zero experience from them on my end but i hear good things. I currently have a set of 3dservisas finality AT on my LSSS and i enjoy them . Not a huge fan of being locked into his hubs though.

3 Likes

Gotta ask real nice for them big boy hubs. It’s way better

6 Likes

I have BN-AT on my hypertrucks and they are awesome. Just send boardnamics an email to confirm that all the parts are in stock before you place your order. And then bug him once or twice a week to ship your stuff. Expect 2-3 week shipping from boardnamics.

Also, make sure you get the right size motor pinion for your motors. BN standard is 8mm, so if you have 10mm motor shaft, that will be a custom request.

3 Likes

Another vote for BN drives here, love mine. Make sure you use a shaft collar or speed rings or something as extra support for the motor pinion if you go helical.

3 Likes

The new Newbee 4GS also has Hypertruck clamps. I’m running the v1 4gs and they’re pretty good

2 Likes

Currently running Boardnamics drives on my Hypertruck, loving them so far. I would recommend asking him for the straight cut version instead of helical to prevent lateral force on the pinion gear, though it will be a bit louder.

4 Likes

I just received the latest Newbee 4gs drives for hypertrucks. I can update once installed and tested

3 Likes

Dry fit. So far so good!

Really well packaged and labeled. Very easy installation.

6 Likes

@DEEIF didn’t you have some made? @KaramQ might have some.

2 Likes

Dash was the official bn reseller for the HT ones. I’m not sure he kept with it tho? He got busy I think :thinking:

1 Like

I’ll be picking them up soon

1 Like

Hows the truck clamp fit? My moon drives really sucked because they are slightly large and it would cause everything to be slightly misaligned

Perfect fit for the clamps. They utilize the existing Lacroix threaded holes. I can’t speak to alignment yet because I am waiting on some parts and haven’t installed hubs on it yet.

I appreciate the heads up. Just ordered my BN AT drive too. Looks like we have the same board too? With the same 10mm motor shaft? I have the Lacroix Jaws 2.0 Version all stock except for the bn drive coming soon. How are you still enjoying your BN drive? He seems to be having trouble locating the 10mm pinions so I may have to get new motors to use this drive unless you know where I can get some or have any ideas? Thanks in advance! Was it easy to install the gear drive? Any tips?
Preesh,
JPaul

Just ordered the BN gear drive for my Lacroix too (Jaws 2.0 version) Now with more time since this post how are you still enjoying them?
Preesh,
JPaul

BN drives have been great on the hypertrucks. No complaints. I’m running 5.5 ratio with 173kv SKP motors with 8mm shaft.

I’d recommend you go with the straight cut gears. Better freeroll, efficiency, and less likely to fail like helicals do.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’ll ask about the straight cut gears. Do you have the Jaws 2.0? If so was your original stock jaws 2.0 came with the 6374 190kv motors or the 6389 190kv motors? I think the original jaws came w/ 6374 190kv and I think the newer jaws 2.0 came with the 6389 190kv motors because my motors have the 10mm shaft which seems to be the standard for the 6389 190 kv motors. I think that’s the main difference between the jaws and the jaws 2.0 are the 6389 190 kv motors and the hyper trucks. Seems the specs on Lacroix boards are different depending on where you check. Ugh. Hope you can help me clarify so I can order the correct parts for my BN gear drive upgrade. Thanks!