Gauging interest in Precision DKP trucks

If you want a sticker pneumatic ride, try out the Hota tires with the V chevron. Sticky and are more durable that Sunmate tires.

To really get a good feel about how the trucks respond, try out pneumatic wheels too. They tend to be more sensitive to the handling properties of trucks that pneumatic tires sometimes hide.

Do you mean thanes?

I picked up those Hotas after your recommendation, but haven’t gotten to try them out yet. Just switched the BKBs to the GT3 hubs so, maybe I’ll try throwing the Hotas on the Hubba-hubs :grimacing:

the hotas dont stretch much at all. you pretty much have to use them on standard width hubs. The gt3s may actually be too wide even.

Well damn guess I have no good use for them until the RS tires restock…. Which they will right? :joy: :sob:

1 Like

Ive been waiting to restock on more of them for ages now :sob:

I have a couple sets i refuse to burn through for daily riding, saving them for track events or whatnot.

1 Like

When they return they’ll probably be in a softer compound. The current ones are hard, rough, but last a long ass time.

3 Likes

I hope so. The profile of the BKB tire is really good. A slightly softer rubber compound would make them even better. Honestly, two different compounds would be ideal. A harder compound for max durability and a softer compound for max grip. Also, the soft version would be nice without any tread.

4 Likes

Got out for a second run on the demonseed today. Not sure if it’s just increasing confidence or if the BKB pneumies just need a little breaking in, but carving was much better today.

Only got in 4 miles as there was too much foot traffic on this route. It seemed like every time I started to open it up I come across pedestrians, so speeds stayed 15-20mph for the ride. I’ll try for one of the rail trails another day where I only have to worry about the occasional bike.

Ride back I really got into carving on it and started to feel that beloved tail slide feel, so I kept pushing it to the point where if the tires had less grip and snapback I’d have definitely spun out. So fun :grin:

As I was nearing home I spotted a hill that I’ve never gone up with this board. The hill is brutal getting up, have to keep it pegged to make it but at it’s peak is a road that has close to 0 traffic on no class days. The one problem with this road is it just opened from a year of construction. And, well, I was going a bit too fast when I hit a patch of dirt along with several deep grooves. I should have bit it, but the tires and trucks absorbed a lot more of the wobble than my tkp build does and I was able to ride it out unscathed.

Thinking about a night ride later once foot traffic dies down because I’m really enjoying this setup.

3 Likes

What axles are you using with these/recommend? And will it require us to tap it ourselves or are they already tapped?

1 Like

They’re tapped and have helicoil inserts. I am using and recommend the Boardnamics 10mm fixed axles. 10mm shoulder bolts will work also, but I don’t care for them much.

1 Like

Do any of the BN gear adapters work with this hangars profile?

1 Like

The hangers are 0.5mm larger than the SR adapters I have on hand for the M1 Geardrives.

3 Likes

Ooh nice, so maybe with a little bit of filling then

That’s my plan for using them on my Bustin Sportster

1 Like

Oh wait is this BN M1 ATs or street?

Street.

2 Likes

Been doing a little riding everyday, mostly to classes/meetings across campus. Had one of the mounts come loose again today. I have the new cnced mounts from idea arriving this week, so hopefully those will stay locked in better or I’ll switch to a clamp style. The struggle is real :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Can these hangers be used with 8mm axles, IE the boardnamics 10-8 stepped axles? Heavily considering these trucks for a lightweight urban cruiser board, and some precise DKPs would be amazing. Also, what bushing heights do they require? If theyre compatible with the bushings ive already got thats a huge plus haha.

1 Like

The bn stepped should fit, they have the same threading as the 10mm axles

2 Likes

This is the setup I am running from from deck to street:
Front: large flat washer, 96A fat cone (0.6"), 96A street barrel (0.5"), flat washer, large cup washer, 93A barrel (0.6"), 93A street barrel (0.5"), flat washer
Rear: large flat washer, 96A Chubby (0.6"), 96A street barrel (0.5"), flat washer, large cup washer, 96A barrel (0.6"), 96A street barrel (0.5"), flat washer

Going to be switching to 93/90 setup soon

Edit: SR pivot cups

1 Like