Gauging interest in Precision DKP trucks

These things feel so silky to the touch.
I think I’m going to explode!!!

3 Likes

What mounts are you planning to use?

1 Like

That part is still tricky right.

I will probably eventually order some from IdeaTB because they are gorgeous. And will fit perfectly.

But for now Andrew sent these clamps from sendcutsend.
And I will use them with BN Plates.

4 Likes

What’s the expected price for just the dkp adapter and the kingpin needed for those who already have SR TKPs?

1 Like

I have a (small) worry over the surfrodz bushing holder bolts breaking, especially given the added force on them from the carviness of the dkp setup. I’ve sent one set of dkp only out to see how they perform.

That said, I have a price per part breakdown, but I think I am going to start with a full dkp truck offering for the 10 pairs I have. This will give people who want the full truck a chance to purchase and not leave me with an inventory of mismatched parts.

After a couple weeks I’ll update the sales thread with inventory and pricing for the individual parts.

3 Likes

Is there any chance of the economies of scale dropping the pricepoint in the future? IE a group buy in or such?

1 Like

One thing I want to add to this is the bushing holder design of the SR trucks. They are designed to allow the bushing to compress differently, basically they slide in the cup as they compress. This is one of the reasons their tkp trucks are more carvy normally but also a bit squirrelly at higher speeds. This will completely change the feel of the dkp setup.

Once upon a time I made different bushing holders to change that behavior (now incorporated in the hanger design). But as someone pointed out above, surfrodz owns a patent on the bolt on bushing holder design, so these aren’t something I will be manufacturing or selling.

1 Like

It’s a definite possibility, but there would need to be an enough interest to warrant a larger buy. I basically did this round as a group buy of 30 complete trucks based on initial interest. That is where the price comes from (manufacturing cost + kingpins + helicoil inserts).

2 Likes

Got the updated @IDEA mounting rings yesterday and slid them on a set of hangers. Perfect fit. Great job Tom! Looking forward to swapping these onto my Demonseed this weekend

3 Likes

Just got mine. Amazing work Andrew! They fit perfectly and look really nice with idea mounts.

5 Likes

What is the width of the hanger and can I run them in a TKP configuration? I was thinking about changing out just the front truck of the Meepo Voyager to help with carving.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly yes you can run it in TKP. I think I remember Andrew saying you could even use the Savage hangars

2 Likes

177mm hanger length.

No problems running as TKP, although the ones I sent out for testing in a tkp config are still in transit.

The bushing/pivot profile is the same as the Savage tkps, so you should be able to use his wider hanger with these. Although I’m still hoping he’ll (finally) do the 180mm hanger run so he can take my money

2 Likes

Since I would like to use one only in the front, wonder if I can get longer axles so I can add a 1cm spacer in each side.

Don’t know if you already have some on the way, but it depends on the axles which you buy to install onto the hangar right?

Dear Santa.

For Christmas this year I would like the silky black IdeaTB mounts to go with these buttery trucks…

1 Like

I started setting up my trucks last night.

I will get to push them around analog a bit later this afternoon.

I’m having a hard time getting over to my father in law’s to drill out the adapter clamps.
But soon…

Now I know these two things are not the same…
But it’s what I had to compare to…

6 Likes

Damn it! I need to give these a go!

Those are some really long axles.

Any plans to make longer hangers?

You have any sets left by chance? Im really debating it now haha.