Gathering Storm | Trampa HolyPro | Dual 64110 | 10S5P | VESC 6 | Hypertrucks + Falcon | Submersible

I forgot to update here

Some quite nice stuff arrived a while ago

Board is going through a upgrade, taking a while, and I’m still procrastinating on building the battery :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

What’s the part you masked out? :smirk:

3 Likes

Looks like motors…

6 Likes

You’ve dobbed yourself in now Pedro. We need to know about the motors.

3 Likes

Rounded can shaped shadow with a shaft like nub!

:eyes:

Why they look like they’re plugged in though is odd.

Don’t look like any phase cables I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

looks like it will be some premium stuff on there, ill be excited to see the finished product.

If I told you, I would have to kill you

Or a dildo with two balls attached

Thanks, neither can I. Way too long time without riding this board

There will more to it, but first I want to get it rideable

3 Likes

Ok. Now i’m really interested. Spill the beans Pedro

2 Likes

30S 80100 powered massager

3 Likes

Ohhh baby.

Seriously tho, super keen to see all these fancy parts come together!

2 Likes

Is this still gonna be a 10s board?

1 Like

Will probably be able to share it soon tm

Oh yeah, I’m a grandma riding, I ride primarily off road, and most places you can’t go fast anyway

This board will probably be 4WD due to that, at least as an experiment to see if it helps, rains are starting and things will be wet for next months, so either that or I have to hand pick where I can ride from the already severely limited trails I have around me

1 Like

If you care more about torque, why not go with 12s and a higher gear ratio and/or lower KV motors? 10s and 12s geared for 25mph top speed will have the same torque but 12s will be more efficient

1 Like

Gear ratios are fixed on the Falcon Gear Drive

And for the way I ride on these secret motors, it is way more efficient to have a lower gear ratio and higher current to achieve the torque due to high core losses when you spin them faster, the 59/14 might even be too high still.

When I have a bit of ride logs I can calculate what would be the optimal ratio

And on the 12S vs 10S, without going down that rabbit hole that there is a lot of misconceptions around, its simply because I have chargers already and a 12S5P wouldn’t fit on the enclosure and a 12S4P would leave too much empty space

Another point, I may do a range extender using those hoverboard batteries that can be had cheaply and with no extra work involved, and they are all 10S

3 Likes

Lacroix new proto 631xx motors maybe?

2 Likes

Some teasers, almost there, just need to finish the connectors for the sensors, they are not welded yet, just inserted for the photo and make the battery pack

I might take it for a spin tomorrow with a 6S battery from my ebike if the weather permits, did some short runs on my backyard and it’s smooth as hell, even without sensors

These motors paired with the Falcon make for a killer combo, only thing that could make this better is bigger tires

7 Likes

They’re the new bio boards motors :eyes:?

1 Like

How dare you

1 Like

2 Likes

Starting to weld, been a few years since I last did it so I’m a bit rusty

Started well, but electrodes starting to stick more and more, and got to a point where the nickel wasn’t sticking anymore, I would say it too little current, so I’m letting the battery charge a bit, it’s a bit old, let’s see what happens, I don’t want to increase welding times too much more, current I’m at 1.5 - 1 - 13 ms (first weld, delay, second weld), I’m open to any feedback on that

2 Likes