Gathering Storm | Trampa HolyPro | Dual 64110 | 10S5P | VESC 6 | Hypertrucks + Falcon | Submersible

I had forgot about them, my channel will be way narrower, just a pair of 12 gauge and a 6 conductor cable

To be fair I got a ton of dust today when lining up the holes and didn’t even feel, I guess a lot of time dealing of fiberglass in the past built up my immunity to similar materials :grin:

1 Like

Spacer that I completely forgot that I would mount the dampers on the inner position :expressionless:, but using it make the board way better turn wise

8 Likes

Never again I do anything that involves tapping stainless and I’m the one tapping it. 3 taps broken and a lot of time in just 8 holes, work hardening is definitely a thing

4 Likes

Are you tapping with a power drill? Cutting oil (or any oil) + frequent reversing taps and you should be able to do many without breaking any taps (good ones at least)

No, hand tapping, with oil, doing all of the above, I’ve made a lot of threads in my life and never had a problem

I admit my taps aren’t that great, the good ones are 10 times more expensive

Being laser cut, I guess it hardens even more near where the cut are made, you can barely advance the tap with each twist cycle

6 Likes

Looking good so far with no major screw ups, apart from completely forgetting to make a connector for a rear light on the enclosure :roll_eyes:

The silicone seal worked really nice, after it dried a bit you just remove the excess, I will still do one generous bead on the inside when gluing the VESCs plus conformal coat on every PCB and liquid tape on the inside off every connector just to be sure

Now just waiting for an STLink to flash the FlexiBms and start to assemble the battery enclosure

11 Likes

Power wiring done, now to do the GX12, charging, update the FlexiBms and gather the courage to tear my current board apart

4 Likes

Is this a Laconian Empire thing ?

Yep :grin:, always liked that ship, and looking forward how they will make it look in the show

1 Like

hahaha well youve got like 5 seasons to wait

1 Like

Unfortunately, and a least a year for the next book, only to read in two days and wait for the next haha

1 Like

Assuming there’s more! And the 9th should release sometime this year no?

Yeah, hopefully soon, I think I saw something about it being the final one, but there are room for a few more short histories, that are as amazing as the books

Talking about that, while I like my boards clean, I will think in some discrete way to incorporate a logo or something that references to them

1 Like

images

1 Like

Exactly that, laser engraved on the stainless would be sick, but too flashy to my taste

3 Likes

Now I’ve reached the point I have to tear my board apart, I think I will wait until next week to have one last ride on the weekend

And turns out I had pins to spare to both a front and rear light coming out of the CAN connector

10 Likes

Accidentally took a picture in the exact moment the epóxi dripped, and also one of the beefiest charge port wiring in history, 14 is the only thing I had in hand that can take 10 amps

6 Likes

FlexiBMS is the first victim of the conformal coating

3 Likes

Battery case wiring all done

5 Likes

And mounted, now to route the deck for integrated wires, and then into the unavoidable tear down of my current board

4 Likes