Gathering Storm | Trampa HolyPro | Dual 64110 | 10S5P | VESC 6 | Hypertrucks + Falcon | Submersible

With jst connectors he told me to plug a spare connector in it to protect the pins.

3 Likes

That’s a good idea, I was thinking is getting some sort o clay but would be a pain to clean after

1 Like

Definitely a pain to work on later. Waterproofing and serviceability are nearly antonyms

3 Likes

Apart from some wiring I think this is all needed to assemble it :grinning:

It’s on the way heavy side, but considering that in the end it costs around $100, there is no better way, this includes both enclosures, motor mounts, wheel pulleys and all hardware

14 Likes

Looks good! will you add a 3d printed TPU gasket to keep water out?

Do you have a CAD model of the 8" tyres?

Silicone everywhere, given the tolerances of the 3D printed part I wouldn’t trust a gasket, if it was all machined pieces then a o-ring would be perfect for easy access

Just a really simple one, with jus the overall shape if you want

1 Like

yeah that would great :slight_smile: thanks

1 Like

Would it not be better to use some elastomere plastidip? just a question :slightly_smiling_face:
it would be more expensive than simple black silicon with probably the same effect but would cover a larger surface of protection… sort of… if you see what i mean

1 Like

8Tire.STEP (34.3 KB)

Never used it before, but from what I’ve seen it’s more to cover something than to seal two things, the fact that I have a bunch of silicone tubes makes it an easy choice :smile:

And the motor mounts design works, locks really well in place and the alignment is perfect, you tighten the set screw and everything gets square and locks into place

Also It’s definitely possible to make them lighter and more compact

If there is enough interest I think in start selling them, but beat them up first

14 Likes

I asked because of the tread pattern but it’s not a big deal

1 Like

Oh, the one with the thread is from Lacroix so I can’t share

But I will see if I can manage to do equal the one I have on the board

2 Likes

Really great design, these motor mounts. Very clever that they can be laser cut and don’t require any further machining.

Also the battery enclosure looks great. I am very curious how both the mount and enclosure will hold up. I didn’t have enough faith in 3D printed enclosures to use one as a battery case :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Benjo, I think they will hold, at least the mount itself, there is no way that the steel will break, also the two M8 set screw bite pretty deep into the hanger

I’ve learned in my current board that any flex is bad for ABS, and also to don’t try to make it smaller by using thinner wall, these are 5 mm completely solid

But I agree, to use pure 3D printed the design has to be considered really careful

4 Likes

I have used the same wood joint style for metal parts before haha. Don’t want to say how much filing my tolerances took to fit. I used large industrial water jet so it had rounded corners and not amazing precision, Laser Cut sounds much nicer.

I feel your pain, the first parts I did like this a long time ago I used the exact dimension thinking the laser would take care, only thing I have to say is that there was a lot of sanding needed :sob:

This ones I’ve used 0.2 mm, it worked, but I think it can get down to 0.15 or even 0.1 mm. The problem is that once you change the material, thickness or even company you have to test all again

2 Likes

A bit of progress, VESC enclosure mounted, still need to make a 3d printed spacer to clear the truck bolts, most threaded parts are done apart from one I managed to break the tap inside

19 Likes

It’s gonna be so clean and tidy :broom:

2 Likes

Lets hope

I’m thinking in routing a slot in the deck to hold the battery and aux wire to the center box since I will not be using bindings at first, anyone has objection to that?

Not at all. Don’t other trampa decks have wire channels?

Just wear a mask, gloves, glasses and long sleeves or that dust will get you

1 Like