Garage Cleanout Sale - ALL Prices Negotiable

Mini remotes require a (V)ESC motor controller. The ESC you linked is hot garbage in 2020.

1 Like

Haha yeah. I had a feeling. everything is just right in my price range there. I was gonna search a bit on here before asking around what ppl thought of the site and their products. Do you think the rest of their products are ok though?

1 Like

Five Mini Remotes… these only have one name I can recall… @b264 !!

No. It’s the junk we were all stuck with in 2017. Nothing is up to snuff by today’s standards.

3 Likes

Really? Dang ok. I just joined and was gonna see if that was the case. Guess i found out quick

2 Likes

We will get you sorted for a budget build. Take a look here:

2 Likes

Any recommendations on better places to do my first build from? Hoping for around the 1k range for pretty powerful offroading like the patriot. Thats what inspired my build and they used diyeboards trucks. So figured it was a good start.

Just saw your reply after i posted this thanks

I already tried. I offered to buy the lot but two people ordered singles before me. They can sell in singles, I’m fine with that.

1 Like

So just say no even on the 10S5P battery for 180 bucks? Seems perfect for the between the legs case enclosure

1 Like

someone should post a budget mtb build in that thread. like mbs board/trucks/wheels, ebay tires/tubes, pvc junction box topmount. i nominate… anyone but me. @Venom121212?

1 Like

I hear that thread is full of non serious, off topic over priced build list… shm…

1 Like

Nope, garbage cells. 50% of your ride will be crawling with sag. Also crap.

3 Likes

(Trying to move all of this derail to noob)

1 Like

not the kind of crap you want between your legs

Yeah, some noob didn’t read the title and dropped some crap outside the parameters. Imagine.

1 Like

just shameful really

2 Likes

Mini remotes work with VESCs super well, I’d argue that they are the best budget remotes you can find. There are still 2 available if you’re interested.

2 Likes

I guess I need to figure out my build first. I will check if they are still available at that point. Thanks!

1 Like

Idk enough about dickyhos pneumatic kit (I think that’s the cheapest one that holds up well?). Mbs makes pulleys now too though and fivestars/rockstars are so cheap. The tires there are pricey and pop too often so I aliexpress those.

I’d recommend the MarkOneBoards blemished mtb decks while you can still get one. You can find them blank on aliexpress if he’s all out and not selling anymore but you might have to get a group buy going. Brent is the master of generic Aliexpress dicks I mean decks.

Junction boxes ftw. So many sizes available, waterproof, weather proof, solid at absorbing ground shock, and easily accessed. Most have threaded recesses at the bottom you can use to mount to, dremel out for more space, or put a plate on the bottom and run cables in the gap.

Lipos are definitely cheaper for an easy mtb and I don’t use them so I’d be no help there.

Trucks are the only place there aren’t compromises. Matrix 2 are probably the cheapest aside from generic Chinese spring ones.

Happy to help anywhere else.

1 Like