FULL SUSPENSION BOARDS

This is why I asked for the close up pic of the end of the suspension/motor mount. The answer is it is too early into production.

1 Like

Isnā€™t it a render?

2 Likes

I donā€™t think so, but I itā€™s the case Iā€™d like to know what soft they used :sweat_smile:

1 Like

it sure looks like a render haha, or I would want to know what photography tricks were used!

Arenā€™t you the master of ESK8 rendering?!?!

2 Likes

Oh yeah :sunglasses:
The ground certainly looks fake but the board is full of amazing details, though they have all CAD files so maybe itā€™s 3D, hard to tell

2 Likes

where has this been everyone look at these.

Funny how the same thread can mean these little bushing ended trucks or a 50+ lb beast on wheels.

5 Likes

Looks like kamijuins got his hands on a ecomoblā€™s new board. 4wd baja style plantery gear drive. 10 inch tires

2 Likes

What killed it for me was that 35e battery cell, and the fact itā€™s using lingyi esc.

2 Likes

This thread is not to discuss the shit electronics of whateverboard, mechanics of suspension skateboard only.

@Kai this what you wanted right?

this link got missed

2 Likes

Capture
whoever designed that can get fired

2 Likes

Sorry, couldnā€™t help it. Itā€™s an interesting board ngl. But dang, wasted opportunities.

2 Likes

It needs its own thread it does not have one so people just keep talking about it here. I was about to make one for ya.

Ecomobl boards general

Done^^^ go wild

should we make one to talk about mainly Bajaboard also? seems like baja/propel/cycle are the major players.

I wanna ride one of these just to see what the suspension feels like

I think this has one already right?

1 Like

I sure like the look of it. Want i want is all the trucks. All of them. And all the bushings. So I can try every possible combination. Current build is going tbdd in the backā€¦ highly debating but leaning 3 link in the front. Airs are a close runner up.

My actual aim outside experimentation though is the floatiest possible front end with super stable back end. Back can drift a tiny bit to accommodate. Maybe super tight airs, in theory. I like their 3 dimensional movement plane thing. Front end I want the floatiness I imagine airs have with the somewhat hydraulic snap I imagine 3 links have. Itā€™s complicated. Im also interested in the possibilities of motor assisted turnsā€¦ your system looks really fun to play with hence my interest in it.

2 Likes

posting here for discussion of the drivetrain mechanics only.
general Bajaboard thread below.

The reason each board gets itā€™s own thread is so no single board can dominate this thread very much, only the suspension drivetrain aspect we will focus on.

I hope to inspire others and myself in their aim to make a board like this yourself.

1 Like

I strive to have a G4X one dayā€¦ the guys at AVS let me try one and it was a blast, the S2? Not so much

1 Like

was it an atrax s2? I hope not because the new s2 seems like an improvement over the g4x for ride comfort.

I think it was a reg S2. It wasnā€™t ride comfort it was how it is riding. The S2 feels underpowered for its size and just all around didnā€™t feel as refined. The G4x matches performance for size and feels really nice underfoot

1 Like

I have never seen one with dual VESC 6 and that makes me sad. dangit I thought this was the bajaboards thread you tricked me!!

Honestly I really want to see it VESC swapped then set to max amps so I can see what part of the drive system breaks first. With only 8 or 9 in tires the load is reduced slightly. Not sure I ever saw one with 6in tiresā€¦

1 Like

I think the main issue is:
The worst weight is unsprung weight.
With esk8s we use hub motors or attach the motors directly via a drive, meaning the unsprung weight is going to be quite high.

That is while I at first thought that baja boards are stupid not to use hub motors, I now realize that their setup is actually REALLY smart.

3 Likes