FULL SUSPENSION BOARDS

Cool seeing more suspension boards. Can’t help but think it’s going to have a lot of bump steer being independent unless they make it really stiff. Leading and trailing arms don’t really suffer from this. Here’s an idea I had for the next version of “displacer”. (Baseplate and hanger not shown)

3 Likes

So true. My sister sent me a video of a Prius raised up with monster wheels. Seriously WTF

Good news guys. I chatted with Eric at Acedeck a few minutes ago. The suspension trucks will be available separately.

5 Likes

I’m curious about how hard it will be to adapt to various gear-drives systems. Honestly, the Acedeck gear-drives don’t look too shabby, but I like messing with stuff.

2 Likes

Does anyone knows how are thing with the Hunterboard? I’m going back between getting Acedeck Stella S1 and putting some larger wheels (and maybe playing with suspension trucks) or doing DIY. I need something under 10kg but also that can eat my city’s terrible roads and tram rails. Hunterboard looks like would close all my requirements but the reputation/feedback is a bit questionable…

Hunterboards, a new take on e-skate design?

Honestly, Hunterboards seems to be taking things too slow, not responding to criticism and being too quiet on media in general.

Not saying they can’t recover, but Acedeck has hype around them and somewhat rapid evolutions.

3 Likes

Its still on the shelf still awaiting attention. When you air down the shocks it has a track race board ride height. The versatility could be a useful attribute.
Thoughts and steering geometry concepts for the V-5 and Superspine came from this project.

17 Likes

on the opposite side of the spectrum but in by a technicality

5 Likes

How you do?

Pic from facebook esk8 group
here but its not worth messing with IMO.
or google:

aliexpress skateboard truck suspenson riser

This also fits this category

as well as every suspension onewheel build, props to the aftermarket community.

2 Likes

Has the Mach 1 suspension been discussed yet?

I hit a ridge on this today that on thane is usually a goood jolt, deliberately didnt lift my foot and it just chewed through the bump.

Tunable in minutes to and individual riders weight… and then tunable to ride conditions.

Ummm…

9 Likes

Yea, haven’t seen much info about radium suspension. Looks awesome.
So it’s just a hinge + PU bushings? No extra springs or anything?

1 Like

Tbh i dont know, ive not had it apart and i stupidly didnt drill them on ot when they were partially assembled… theres some fancy shit to it, custom thane slider piece… im sure @Tony_Stark can add more to this conversation when he gets back from Vegas… or maybe @glyphiks will rip his apart by then :laughing:

3 Likes

200w (4)

1 Like

I bought the Z3… and so far have no regrets. Turns like standard channel trucks.
The bit thats responsible for turning leverages thane blocks like mbs/lacroix. Overall good design.

2 Likes

oh very interesting!
So the design has bushing offset from the pivot acting like a strut, creating a torsion and sliding force upon the suspension bushing. Without a plastic wear surface, I could see having accelerated wear and less smooth travel/rebound.

Theres a custom slide bushing that takes the slide impact load… im really out of my depth here. I feel that @Tony_Stark will need to add the technical detail…untill i pull it apart the mystery of its majesty is as much to me as it is to you, all i know currently is that i have something unique, forgiving and responsive under foot.

Ummm…

Ed* look fuck it, just check it out at the con.

8 Likes

Good thing it has a urethane slide plate to prevent wear. Good pickup!

2 Likes

3 Likes